Boston area airports

Todd Copeland

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Glasair pilot
Heading to boston next month for my wife's college reunion. I'd like to choose a convenient airport near Boston, with rental cars etc. reasonable fuel prices and hotels nearby. Suggestions?

I would suggest avoiding KBED. Expensive landing fees, even more expensive av gas. Ma$$port is not friendly to small GA.

Norwood, Lawrence, Beverely are all good friendly airports to use.

Heading to boston next month for my wife's college reunion. I'd like to choose a convenient airport near Boston, with rental cars etc. reasonable fuel prices and hotels nearby. Suggestions?

Norwood (OWD). Great service, rental cars (Avis? on the field; Enterprise a few miles away and they pick you up). Hotels nearby and fairly easy access to the city.

Which college and where is the reunion? If it is north of Boston, maybe Norwood isn't so good.

Gary

I'm based at Norwood OWD ,has everything you need ,also close to commuter rail.1st night parking waived with purchase of gas. Restaurant on field.

Norwood (OWD). Great service, rental cars (Avis? on the field; Enterprise a few miles away and they pick you up). Hotels nearby and fairly easy access to the city.

Which college and where is the reunion? If it is north of Boston, maybe Norwood isn't so good.

Gary

Another vote from me for OWD. Avis on-site, convenient to 128 and 95. Easy in and out. It is my airport of choice for biz trips to Boston.

Marshfield is a good choice. A bit farther outside of Boston (about 30 south) but you can get Enterprise waiting for you. It's also right on the water. Less expensive hotels too.
As someone said, it depends on where you are going. A lot of reunions have a host hotel with a good price. If not, remember there's also AAA discounts or any number of other associations.

Gary
Pine manor college is where the reunion is but I would like to go down to south Weymouth to see what's left of the old naval air station before it's all gone.

Pine manor college is where the reunion is but I would like to go down to south Weymouth to see what's left of the old naval air station before it's all gone.
Not a lot of it left. Most of the buildings have been condemmed and sport large red X's. There is now a road driven right through (down 6/24) from about Rt 3/228 to rt 18 where the old entrance was. Off that, there are at least two different housing areas. One I believe is still NAVY. Add to that a few new apartment/condo buildings on the RAMP by where Fat Albert would park (slightly west of 17/34).
The two towers are still there. The brand new, (well, now 12 years old) never used, $1.5 mill is visible from rt 18. NAS So Weymouth closed BEFORE the new tower ever opened.
It looks like they've planned for some extensions to the road with planned cross street intersections but they are roads to no where right now. One points to So Weymouth center and the other to Rockland center.
I actually found it pretty scary last time I drove through. And the through road was not yet done.

Back