Boston Area Advice

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I will be flying up to Boston for business early next week. My customer is in Burlington, and I plan to use KLWM in Lawrence based on AirNav comments. Anybody in this area agree or disagree with this? I've never flown my plane north of KTEB, so this put a new state in my logbook.

I will be flying up to Boston for business early next week. My customer is in Burlington, and I plan to use KLWM in Lawrence based on AirNav comments. Anybody in this area agree or disagree with this? I've never flown my plane north of KTEB, so this put a new state in my logbook.

Bedford Hanscom (KBED) is physically closer to Burlington, but more expensive than Lawrence due to ramp, landing, and parking fees. Are you staying overnight? If so, the Boston Marriott Burlington is a nice place; stayed there last July for a few nights.

Too bad you won't be there at the end of this week, I'll be up in Boston and Nashua, NH this weekend.

Bedford is right next door to Burlington. about a 15 minute drive. busy airport and there are pricey fees there from what I understand.
If you go to BED, get in touch. I'm there almost every day. Also, if you do wind up at LWM, I might be able to fly up from BED and get you to Burlington if the timing works right.
Also, if you don't mind short bumpy runway, there is 6B6...Minute Man. Very GA friendly place and home of our friend Bill G.
DW

Last edited:
DW, I saw that BED is closer, but I'll be there a few days and will have a rental car. Figured I'd go just a little further out and avoid the jet set prices and fees. I'll post when I know a more exact schedule. It would be great to get together with another POAer.

Absolutely. You gonna bring the golf clubs?
Let me know if I can help out with anything transportation wise.
DW

Back