Bose X or ....

Tmpendergrass

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tmpendergrass
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a used Bose X. The only alternative I can find for that price is a uflymic with a pair of qc15s. I've always flown with David Clark's and I want something more confortable with ANR. I might buy both since I already own a pair of qc15s so I could give it to my passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I prefer the Bose. For the passenger the DCs are fine.

I recently bought a used pair of Bose X's

FWIW I paid $350, they were in good shape, no visible wear or damage. I'm happy with them.

IMO the QC15 was built for the traveling public, flying around on airliners, riding in trains and such. Piston Propeller airplanes are louder, the Bose X was built for this environment and does a better job.

I recently bought a used pair of Bose X's

FWIW I paid $350, they were in good shape, no visible wear or damage. I'm happy with them.

This is one of those nugget tips that I got from POA. No real reason to pay full price for Bose. So many deals on used ones and replacement mic socks and ear pads are cheap.

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be buying a used Bose x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm the exact opposite. I bought 2 used Bose Xs for my pax. I love my DCs.
I'm in the same boat, sorta. I give my quieter headsets to my pax and use my Airman 850s. I never liked the noise cancelling features and drowning out stuff I want to hear.

I'm in the same boat, sorta. I give my quieter headsets to my pax and use my Airman 850s. I never liked the noise cancelling features and drowning out stuff I want to hear.

My DCs have ENC. I originally chose them over the Bose because (unlike Bose) DC's have passive protection in addition to the noise canceling. I'm apparently one of the few whose head doesn't hurt from wearing DCs for lengthy periods of time.

My DCs have ENC. I originally chose them over the Bose because (unlike Bose) DC's have passive protection in addition to the noise canceling. I'm apparently one of the few whose head doesn't hurt from wearing DCs for lengthy periods of time.
Well, disregard. Guess I'm just unusual. DCs were too small for my ears.

It's funny, I still see a lot of RJ guys with their DCs.

Back