Bose X headset repair

David Weissman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
David
Does anyone know how to get a replacement battery door for a Bose X headset? Bose was no help and nothing on e-bay.

Many, Many Thanks

Bose doesn’t seem to be very accommodating,in helping to maintain the older headsets. Might be time for a little electrical tape.

Trade them in. Get $250 off, tell them you don’t want the free speaker or whatever product they want to give away. You want the cash. I went that way, as the retailers wouldn’t take my X with a small crack on the earcup yoke, but BOSE did.

According to Bose tech support on January 14, 2019, Bose no longer supports the Bose Aviation X headset, and does not accept repairs for that headset. I was told that Bose will accept the Aviation X for trade in for the A20 headset, at $699 for the non-Bluetooth version (more for the Bluetooth option).

'How convēnient.'

Another thing... If you go to Airventure or Sun N Fun, bring you A20s to the Bose booth, and they will go over them, and replace anything that needs replacement, for free.

Do you know anyone with a 3D printer?

There's a guy on VAF that prints the piece that connects the head band to the ear cup. That's a common fail point. Might ask him to print you a battery door.

Another thing... If you go to Airventure or Sun N Fun, bring you A20s to the Bose booth, and they will go over them, and replace anything that needs replacement, for free.
Not true (or at least not anymore). They charged me for replacement ear pads for my A20s at Sun n Fun 2018. Said they were "consumable" and not covered under the warranty.

Does anyone have experience with sending a Bose X headset to Brant Aero in Canada for repairs? I recently got the sad news that Bose won't repair my headset any longer.

Back