Bose Aviation X

3 in the green

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
c170b
I can't believe how much $ they still go for! I had a set that I sold a couple years ago for $430 on ebay, when I had to take a hiatus from flying for a bit. Now that I've been back in the saddle this year, I've longed to have them back.

You can't find any respectable pair for under $450. I just won a freshly refurbished set on ebay for about that price, but almost all listings go for more than that (especially the dual GA plugs, LEMO is a bit cheaper).

I'm excited though, I love the X. Light, and fits amazingly well for me.

New A20 BT can be had for ~900 new from Bose, that's a killer deal, second hand pairs fetch more.

How? I'm seeing 1095

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bose gives good discounts for certain groups, you just have to know to ask for it.
Looks like it's $930 now for A20 BT. It was just over 900 2 years ago when I bought mine.

Well, I got my new to me X's in, but the FedEx box it was shipped in looked like it was ran over by an Abrams. Fearing the worst, I took some pics and then opened it and sure enough, the headband snapped in two places and was disconnected from the ear cups. GRRRRRRR

The shipper actually packed it fine...nothing would've survived what this box went through (maybe a pair of DCs...haha). Seriously though, I filed a claim...sigh, I was going to go flying with them after work today. Sucks.

Anyone know if Bose retail locations will accept a dropoff to send to their repair facility? The one close to my office does sell the aviation stuff (A20, etc) inside of the retail store. Guess I'll call and see...

I'm glad I got a pair second hand for $700. Seems like I got a fair deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 pairs of A20 BTs just sold for a grand over on BT. It was a frenzy to hit reply.

Hmm, I have a couple of refurbished like new X's. Might put them on ebay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I bought my first X from the Bose store at the mall years ago and still use it every time I fly. At the time they had a 12 months same as cash deal - which was a painless way to get a $1k headset. I bought a second one several years ago from a seller on the Red Board for $500 and although it's a nice backup/pax pair it rarely gets used.

So I still have the damaged pair. The seller refunded me whole and told me just to keep them for now as they are working on settling a claim with fedex. Meanwhile, I picked up another pair by random chance in tip top shape from a local pilot for $390. Can't beat that deal!

You got a double score! send those bad boys to Bose and they'll fix them up, then you've got a spare or a great eBay sales item. you'll come out a head.

Back