Bose Aviation X headsets

CT Arrow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Adios!
I have 2- Bose aviaition X headsets for sale. Excellent condition!
I moved into the Zulu's and have no need for these. $695 each and I'll ship them for free!

email me @ adec.comm@snet.net

Thanks for looking!

Andy

Last edited:
Why did you switch to Zulu's?

Gary's comments are on track! Honestly John, Never in a million years would I have thought to own a Lightspeed product.

But, In a real world comparison of flying w/ both, the Zulu wins! Read my previous post:

As a diehard Bose headset fan, I had yet to find anything that would deliver the quality of the Bose X headset. Well, that changed yesterday!

I heard about the new comparable ANR headset from Lightspeed marketed as "Zulu". I happened to be at SNF in April and stopped by the Lightspeed booth. I sampled the Zulu in their soundbooth and while I thought the Zulu was good, I still didn't think it was agood as the Bose. Am I slightly biased, probably!

Fast forward a few months to July.. The reviews of this headset continued to be favorable and the added features really caught my attention mainly bluetooth. Okay, could this headset really be that good? I had to know for sure so I ordered one on-line w/ a 30 day return policy. Hey, if I didn't like it, it only cost me a few bucks to ship back.

Yesterday was baptism by fire for this headset! We had filed to Hyannis, MA and were calling in via radio to pickup our clearence. Engine's running and we are ready to go. BPT radio has nothing on file? Okay check Duats and it shows it's in the system. BPT radio says we need to call NY Tracon and chat with them via telephone to pick-up the clearence. Hmm, okay, fire up the iphone coupled to the Zulu via Bluetooth. WOW! Audio is clean, no background noise and it works really slick! Okay so far I am impressed!

Pick-up the clearence and were off! The total flight to Hyannis and back was about 1.5 hours. In that time I worked multiple controllers and noticed that it was easier to hear and understand them. For me, the Zulu audio range is better, crispier and the ANR is slightly better.

Fit and finish is excellent and I really like the way the ear fits inside the cup verse resting on the leather pad of the Bose. The Zulu is well made and although slightly heavier, you really don't notice the difference. I can understand why this headset is receiving rave reviews. It simply is one of the best ANR headsets on the market today.

Oh, as for my Bose, it will probably be sold locally or will find it's way on Ebay.

FWIW

Last edited:
Thanks. Now the question is can I order it Monday and receive it by Thursday in time to use it for OSH?

Thanks. Now the question is can I order it Monday and receive it by Thursday in time to use it for OSH?

If it was me, I would buy it at OSH. No shipping charges and you might find a better deal somewhere....

Do LS vendors offer the trade-up program?
I thought it was onlyl availble from the factory.
Hmm, Good question? Never had to deal w/ that. I would call Lightspeed and see what they can do or maybe a vendor at OSH can do the deal for you while your there?

Do LS vendors offer the trade-up program?
I thought it was onlyl availble from the factory.

Lightspeed themselves will be at OSH... Might want to call them before you go and ask. They might be able to handle it there, and/or give you the "show deal" before you go. :yes:

I have dropped the price and listed them on ebay as well. "X"s seem to be in a $600-700 ballpark. Happy bidding if your interested!

Last edited:
Back