Bose A20 versus X

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
Recently, my new A20 headphones "fell apart" (right ear assembly separated from headband). I had to return them for repairs.

So I reverted to my passenger "X" Bose headphones. To my surprise, they seemed sturdier, had better sound, and were more comfortable. Am I missing something? Anyone else had both?

I went from Bose X to A20s and thought the newer headsets were an improvement.

So I reverted to my passenger "X" Bose headphones. To my surprise, they seemed sturdier, had better sound, and were more comfortable. Am I missing something? Anyone else had both?

To be completely honest, I felt the exact opposite when I switched from the X to the A20.

Recently, my new A20 headphones "fell apart" (right ear assembly separated from headband). I had to return them for repairs.

I'll gladly send you one of my X's in exchange for your A20's and I'll give you a comprehensive report in 3-6 months. :D:D:D

Ran across someone selling a Bose X headset. Hardly any visible wear, looks nice.

$450 a fair price? Looks like used A20's are about $800. For that I would just buy a Zulu2

I thought I was a diehard Lightspeed guy, until I used an A20. Now, I own an A20. I still maintain that my Lightspeed 30-3G's was one of the best headsets ever made.

I've had my A20's over a year now and I flew a TR182 that had panel powered X's.. man never again. Hated those things. They clamped, there was no audio input and the set I was wearing broke in flight.

Just went through my first set of earcups on my A20. They started to deteriorate and clearly needed a replacement set but only after a solid 900 hours of use. Not bad.

Have em both Kept the Bose X for Passengers and purchased a Bose A20 . I like the Bluetooth on Bose A 20 But I prefer to fly with the Bose X, seem to hear radio calls better or maybe its just my ears !:wink2:

I bought the Bose X's for $450. Apparently they are brand new, never been used. Picking them up Thursday.

Thanks for the replies. BTW, since the X's are no longer produced and I want to make these last for awhile - i'm going to go ahead and purchase a few sets of ear seals, since I assume they are unique to the Bose X. Where is the best place to buy them, and are there any other spare parts I should consider buying?

I get mine at MyPilotStore. I'm sure they will be available for years.

I had a brand new set of ear seals for the X that I held onto for a year or two. They seemed to degrade faster just because of their age.

Back