Bose A20 recall?

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
Someone here in the UK tried to buy two from Sporty's shop in the USA and was told that they are not available until March next year and that those already sold are being recalled to fix known issues.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Thanks Peter. That page seems Europe-specific. I don't see anything similar for those of us in the US, but I don't see why it would be any different. I see that the US site is showing a 10-12 week delivery timeframe.

I love the zulu, but have not tried the new Bose. I definitely prefer the Zulu over the old Bose, but let's face it, they're both great headsets. It would be a blow to Bose if their new ones have problems. Lightspeed will be laughing all the way to the bank...

Yes the "recall" is for US units too.

From a letter I received from Bose: "The symptoms that have been reported to Bose include loss or intermittent failures of audio, microphone function, and/or active noise reduction, as well as the possibility of a noticeable temperature rise in the control cable"

I guess they are aren't' calling it a recall as they are not asking for the units back. They are planning on sending new "down cable assemblies" as soon as they can.

I LOVE the new A20. It totally blows away both the Zulu and the Bose X. (I have both) I have written a Bose A20 review on my blog.

Yes the "recall" is for US units too.

From a letter I received from Bose: "The symptoms that have been reported to Bose include loss or intermittent failures of audio, microphone function, and/or active noise reduction, as well as the possibility of a noticeable temperature rise in the control cable"

I guess they are aren't' calling it a recall as they are not asking for the units back. They are planning on sending new "down cable assemblies" as soon as they can.

I LOVE the new A20. It totally blows away both the Zulu and the Bose X. (I have both) I have written a Bose A20 review on my blog.
Yes, I spoke with Bose at Summit. As you say, they are not calling it a recall. They are apparently diverting all the new cable assemblies to the existing customers, and they said that shipments of new units are running about 9 weeks behind at this point. So yes, they're going to miss out on the holiday orders, but I think it's the right thing to do for their customers.

I have to say that I didn't find that it blew away the Zulu when I tried them side by side at OSH, but did find it comparable. However, it's about $200 more expensive. Personally, I didn't see $200 of extra value. I will go read your blog!

They did this with the Aviation X, sent out new cables for certain serial numbers. Bose is garbage.

Back