Bose A20 issue

Airfrm

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Airfrm
I've had my A20 now for about 5 years. A few months ago I've started having an issue. When I first start up everything is good, but after a little bit, maybe 15-20 minutes, it gets to the point that I have to speak very loud for the mic to pick up my voice. It seems to go away if I turn off the noise canceling. If I turn noise canceling back on it begins again. Ive changed the batteries several times but don't really know what else to look at.

Make sure your mic is touching your lips and check the orientation of the mic to your lips.

, it gets to the point that I have to speak very loud for the mic to pick up my voice
Are you talking of the side tone volume you hear when you key the mic? Look to see what your auto-power switch is set to. If ON, switch to OFF and see if it changes anything.

Check the vox squelch setting on your intercom. Did it get rotated accidentally? Or, is the intercom having issues with the squelch when the circuitry warms up?

Noise canceling and mic are two totally separate systems, or so I was told by bose. Call them up, after trying the previous suggestions. I touch the mic to my lips the back it away about 1/32 of an inch. It will move as I do stuff, so I adjust as necessary

As mandm said, check the orientation of the mic. If you feel the mic inside the round foam you'll find that it is flat. One side is the mic, the other is not. You could have the other side facing your face hole. Twist it around so the "other" flat side faces your face hole.

Back