Bose A20 broken headband hinge options

I ordered a basic headset from there a few months ago, fast shipping, no problems.

Anyone had to fix one of these? I found a replacement part here:

https://hobbsflyer.com/products/bose-a20-headset-replacement-headband

I've never heard of this company (not that I've had occasion to until now) -- anyone know anything about them? Other options? The headset is old enough to be out of warranty.

Thanks!
You can spend 100 bucks just buying the hinge or send it back to Bose and get new everything including the cable and plugs for 225. The cable is what wears out on mine.
Sportys can get it done for you in 3 days if you fly in and drop them off.

Bose overhauled my set twice under warranty in including once when they out of warranty for free. Not even shipping charges when I went through sportys. They are 9 years old and over a 1000 hrs now. The last time it cost me 225 and no shipping charge to have them sent to my home. It was fast also. All new.
Good luck with yours.

You can spend 100 bucks just buying the hinge or send it back to Bose and get new everything including the cable and plugs for 225. The cable is what wears out on mine.
Sportys can get it done for you in 3 days if you fly in and drop them off.

That sounds like the way to go. Would I contact Sporty's first, or Bose directly? The Bose web site didn't seem all that intuitive for this sort of thing (or maybe I just couldn't find the right place to start...) Thanks!

I know you can't fly into sportys from Az, lol.
I have always dropped them off to sportys since they are only 20 minutes away and that is where I bought them. So I have never had any contact with Bose only Bose has shipped them to my house twice fast like less than a week after I dropped them off. Faster yet if you pick them up at sportys.
Call sportys Monday and see if they can help.

FWIW, for anyone else in a similar situation, it looks like I can do this directly through Bose, same $225 price. They send me a shipping label. They're estimating 3-4 weeks turnaround, which doesn't surprise me these days (and I have backup headsets, so no big deal).

Just a final followup, for anyone curious in a similar situation.

Got my headset back today. As said in the original post, the only thing really broken was the center hinge at the top of the headband. The felt pads right under it were starting to come off too, and I had replaced the ear cushions myself at some point with some aftermarket ones I got somewhere.

Here's part of the paperwork that came back with it:

A20.jpg

Kudos to Bose!

It is essentially a brand new headset. They even sent me a new soft case for it (I had not sent it back in one).

They even sent me an 8130 with it. Didn't know one was needed for a headset, but good to have... :)

Good to hear.
I did not get a new case for mine but all new everything else including a new cable in a bag for external music or whatever. And they seem to get it done fast. Thanks for the follow up.

@deyoung - Thanks!!! This is great info. One of my sets has something going on with the cables that creates static. Quite annoying. I was waiting for the annoyance level to build a little higher than just replace them.
I love the idea of having them refurbished and had no idea that was possible.
:)

Back