Bose A20 Audio Mute/Priority Switching Question

James Darren

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
James Darren
Hi,

Does anyone know how the Bose A20 audio mute works when in the middle mode - being "Intercom mixed with AUX"?

I'd like AUX input (being music from my iPhone) to stay on whilst passengers are talking through the intercom but I do want the AUX input to mute when ATC is calling.

Can it work like this?...

Wow this is like the third headset/aux/intercom/thread I've seen today! I have a Zulu 2 and I haven't tried the aux feature but I'm pretty sure it mutes music whenever atc or passengers talk. Again I may be wrong though.

Unlike an intercom, your headset can't tell the difference between ATC and passengers so I don't think that there is such a mode on the headset. That said, I haven't played with my A20s enough to know the difference between those three settings.

Their module's middle position just turns the auto-mute OFF (aux + intercom). The top position is auto-mute ON (aux + intercom {interrupt}), and the bottom is intercom only (no aux). That is ONLY applicable for music running through your headset. Your passengers would not hear the music plugged into your headset, and those settings would not apply to music ported into your intercom.

As Rudy said, you would need an intercom with iso modes and your auxiliary sound (music) running through the intercom not the headset in order to get that advanced functionality.

Last edited:
Back