books for sale

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
It's getting towards the end of the school year and I'm looking to make room for next year's books. I have four I've collected and would like to offer to you guys first. Shipping included in price. If you're interested, send me a PM.

2. Aviation and the Law by Gessell and Dempsey (hardback slightly used but no bent pages or pencil markings)

Asking $50 or trade for Jepp CFI manual

Description:
The title, Aviation and the Law, is an intentional reflection upon the nature of law, for aviation law is but an integral part of all law. Therefore, this book starts from the beginning, to develop for the reader a basic understanding of the law, of its philosophy, and of its structure and due process, before addressing "aviation and the law" per se. The book is assembled in six major sections, the first of which gives definition to law, touches upon notions of justice, fairness, the underlying theories of law, and upon morality.Section Two addresses criminal law as related to air transportation. Of primary concern are the issues of airport and airline security, air piracy, and other acts of criminal violence. Section Three, is an overview of civil (or tort) law in the field of aviation, focusing upon pertinent issues in their respective specialized areas, and supported by applicable case law. Section Four looks at airports and the role of government. Section Five deals with manufacturers' liability, the transfer of liability through insurance, and liability for accidents, including an overview of the government's responsibility to investigate aircraft accidents and to promote aviation safety. The final section is an introduction to international aviation law, including its historical development, the Warsaw System, bilateral governmental agreements, international competition, and exemplary court cases in this area.As with previous editions, the purpose of this book is to provide sudents of aviation with a basic understanding of law, of the legal system, and of how the principles of law may be applied to the many aspects of air commerce and air transportation. Added to this latest edition are updates on the federal aviation security provisions since September 11, 2001, expansion in the area of international air law, as well as court cases of note decided since the last edition.

3. The Age of Flight - A history of United Airlines, hardback in pretty nice condition, would make a great coffee table addition.
Pic:http://www.randyjohnsonbooks.com/graphics/photos/ageofflightmed.jpg

Asking $15

Description:
his incredible book is wonderfully written and pulls from the United Airlines archives for nostalgic artwork, advertising, and actual photographs of the airline through time. Celebrate this groundbreaking airline from its humble beginnings in open bi-planes beginning the first airmail service in the country to one of the most respected modern trend-setting airlines in the world. Span the years for yourself and be truly impressed.

Last edited:
3. The Age of Flight - A history of United Airlines, hardback in pretty nice condition, would make a great coffee table addition.
Greg should get that one just for thrills.

4. The Big Six "US Airlines" - (paperback in ok condition, nice big pictures, possibly another good coffee table item)
I have a book on the "Big Eight Accounting Firms." I wonder if your book will soon lose it's meaning.

I'd love the law book but can't justify it at the moment.

Back