Book thread

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I know there was a book thread here not to long ago. I have a some books that I just bought. Two of them Zero 3 Bravo and Flying South I am done with. I am keeping Flying South because of the pictures. I would like to offer the others for pass arounds. Zero 3 Bravo is a solo across America in a Luscombe 8F. Flying the Alaska Wild a Adventures and mis adventures of an Alaska Bush pilot. Forever Flying, a Bob Hoover story. Stick and Rudder, and a small book, Know your airplane. The last two are good readings for student or new pilots.

Maybe the moderators could make a new group that could contain books for borrowing, that way each book could have it's own thread title. Easier way to keep track of each title and who has it. Also new members would know that there are books to be borrowed.

I finished Forever Flying so that is available now too.

Great book, I was excited that he mentioned the F86 that flew into the ice cream parlor in Sacramento as I was in Sacramento at the time and remembered it.

Dan

I too agree that we need a Book Forum - I will be putting Song of the Sky out for our POA book lending program.

Maybe we should message one of the MGT Council members about the idea of a book forum?

Hey Jason - funny avatar! However, I heard recently that he died ... of a yeast infection? :)

Finished, Flying the Alaska Wild so it is available. Some of the things they do up there are crazy. No wonder they have so many accidents. I wonder how many they report. A good book to read if you are planning a trip to wilderness areas.

Dan

Flying South is in POA Book Club circulation now, has been to something like three pilots thus far, and I have another book, "Piece of Cake," about the Battle of Britain, which is about to start its trek around POA-land; Greg Kainz (IIRC) is first on the list.

All I am looking for is that everybody who gets each book must (1) write their name and some comments in the book, (2) agree to send it along to the next person in line, handled on a member-by-member basis, and (3) keep us all posted, on-line, as to where the book is traveling. I reserve the right to call the book home, some day, in its then-dog-eared and well-read state, so I can see and read the smart-assed comments it will by then have amassed.

See:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11355&highlight=poa+book+club

I think this is fun; while I do not ordinarily lend out books, this is different- this is family!

By the way, did Jesse get Flying South from William yet?

... "Piece of Cake," about the Battle of Britain, which is about to start its trek around POA-land; Greg Kainz (IIRC) is first on the list...
I was starting to wonder about that! Yep, I think I was first in line.

...everybody who gets each book must (1) write their name and some comments in the book...
ANYWHERE in the book? :D :rofl:

I can see and read the smart-assed comments it will by then have amassed.
Nah! Not US?!!! :goofy:

I think this is fun; while I do not ordinarily lend out books, this is different- this is family!
Aw, shucks! We love ya', too, Spike!

Back