Book release imminent

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
It's been a long time coming, but the end is in sight!

My new book is being printed as we speak, though book store release date won't be for another 2-3 months due to the way the distribution channels work. Email me directly for a special pre-release discounted price, with copies signed at no extra charge if you wish.

Thanks, my friends at PoA. Without this group, I probably wouldn't have done this.

Attachments

• Cover.pdf
    287.9 KB · Views: 148
Cool deal!

--

You may have covered this in other threads, but: How did you go about getting it published?

Email me directly for a special pre-release discounted price, with copies signed at no extra charge if you wish.
Woo hoooooo!!!!! :goofy: Yay! :goofy: I'm excited for you! I can't WAIT to see it!

I think I already ordered my copy from you a few years ago. :D

Nice cover, btw. :) I love your title, too.

Congratulations! What is your book about? Besides airplanes, obviously... :D
From the back cover:

Everyone’s been on an airplane. Sure. But the fact is, most
people have never been flying. Author Ken Ibold has flown
dozens of types of general aviation airplanes and has more
than twenty-five years of experience in the field of general aviation.
Defying Gravity: A look at life from a higher plane is a collection of
essays written by a pilot, for pilots, but also for anyone who has
dared cast an eye skyward at the drone of an overhead propeller.
This is a journey into the pilot’s mind. It decodes some of the
secret handshakes, examines how pilots think as they seemingly
defy gravity, and helps define the place in the world where private
aviation lives.

Cool deal!

--

You may have covered this in other threads, but: How did you go about getting it published?

It's simple, really. Just 4 easy steps.

Step 1: Spend months searching for an agent. Get frustrated at the fact they're vultures and vow never to hire one.
Step 2: Investigate self-publishing. Get frustrated at the fact that self-publishing is pretty expensive for what you get, and then discover the average self-published book only sells 265 copies.
Step 3: Contact publishers directly. Get frustrated at the fact that their contracts are criminally one-sided.
Step 4: Continue to contact publishers directly. Eventually find a fair-minded one with a contract you can live with and pull the trigger, despite some fairly big imperfections in the deal.

From the back cover:

Everyone’s been on an airplane. Sure. But the fact is, most
people have never been flying. Author Ken Ibold has flown
dozens of types of general aviation airplanes and has more
than twenty-five years of experience in the field of general aviation.
Defying Gravity: A look at life from a higher plane is a collection of
essays written by a pilot, for pilots, but also for anyone who has
dared cast an eye skyward at the drone of an overhead propeller.
This is a journey into the pilot’s mind. It decodes some of the
secret handshakes, examines how pilots think as they seemingly
defy gravity, and helps define the place in the world where private
aviation lives.
Sounds interesting... Sold! :goofy:

I am very eager to red it Ken! Congrats and I salute you for your perserverance.

Book store release date a few months away, but any chance there will be copies available at AirVenture?

It's simple, really. Just 4 easy steps.

Step 1: Spend months searching for an agent. Get frustrated at the fact they're vultures and vow never to hire one.
Step 2: Investigate self-publishing. Get frustrated at the fact that self-publishing is pretty expensive for what you get, and then discover the average self-published book only sells 265 copies.
Step 3: Contact publishers directly. Get frustrated at the fact that their contracts are criminally one-sided.
Step 4: Continue to contact publishers directly. Eventually find a fair-minded one with a contract you can live with and pull the trigger, despite some fairly big imperfections in the deal.

Sounds easy - I'll pass that along to my daughter.

And, again, congratulations!

Dave is REALLY looking forward to it.

I've already read it. Ken sent me a word file about a year ago and I finished editing about 30% of it when he finished it.

It's a fun read.
Ken, sorry I'm was so darned overloaded and slow, but great to know it's come to bloom!

Back