Book PPL Knowledge test

Ross Williamson

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Tweekzilla
I think I'm being really dumb. I need to book my knowledge test for my PPL. My instructor has stated that it's changed and I need to book it through IACRA rather than call up a local test center. I cannot for the life of me work out how to book a knowledge test through the ICARA website (i have an FTN number). So the question is - How exactly do I go about booking my knowledge exam? (I should add I'm learning under part 61)

Last edited:
here is the website to start with - https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/
in the middle click on Knowledge Testing which will expand some options, click on "Schedule an Airman Knowledge Test"

this will open in a new window and new site, follow the directions on the faa.psiexams.com website. you will have to create an account there, select the test you want to take (make sure its the right one as you can't change it after), then you will go into picking a location\time slot.

You don't schedule a test through IACRA. You schedule through PSI. I think they ask you for your FTN to link your test with IACRA.

You don't schedule a test through IACRA. You schedule through PSI. I think they ask you for your FTN to link your test with IACRA.

Is laser grade still around? Much better compared to PSI as I recall

Thanks everyone for the advice. Just took my test and got a 97.... So happy.... Now to prep for the checkride grilling :)

Acronyms....we must have more ACRONYMS.....

Back