Book Club

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Folks, North Star over my Shoulder by Bob Buck is now available. This book is absolutely amazing, detailing the flying life of this great aviator who quite literally went from Jennies to Jets. As the book went on, it got harder and harder to put it down! Passed to me by Ric (colomtnflyer) and now available to you. first PM with an address gets it.

I sent you a PM.

I sent Steve Bonek "The Killing Zone" last week. He'll post when it's available.

wow the offer was only up for 2 minutes in the middle of the night. Grant Prellwitz has got it next.

While we are on the book club topic, how about a roll call. I know I have at least one book out there. Not looking to get them back, just wondering who has them.

You know, I had about four titles at Gastons, and had them out on the table, but I think that Greg B. was the only one who grabbed one there. I don't remember off the top of my head which one it was. Greg?

I just finished Flight of Passage by Rinker Buck. It was an incredible story of two teenage boys flying from New Jersey to California in a Cub with no electrical system back in 1966. Not only is the flying story well-worth reading, but I really enjoyed the description of the dynamic between Rinker and his brother, Kern, and their father. Rinker and Kern's relationship reminded me a lot of the relationship I have with my younger brother.

I'd be willing to loan it out to the first person to PM me with an address, but I would like it back when finished.

I sent Tony's copy of "Flight of Passage" off to Silver-eagle. He may still have it. With the rash of new forums popping up how about a Book Club forum? It would make it easier to track the books. Just start a thread for each book tossed into circulation. Just a thought.

I can offer up my copies of:
"Nothing By Chance" by Richard Bach
"An Ace of the Eighth" by Norman "Bud" Fortier
"Fate is the Hunter" by Ernest K. Gann

Anybody have "Ernest Gann's Flying Circus"?

I've got a couple books if anybody is interested...

a couple reference type books:

"A Field Guide to Airplanes" and "International Aircraft Directory"

also:

"Say Again, Please" by Bob Gardner and of course 2 classics that if anybody hasn't read yet: "Stick and Rudder" and "Flying Carpet" by Greg Brown.

PM if you want to borrow any of these.

I've got a couple books if anybody is interested...

a couple reference type books:

"A Field Guide to Airplanes" and "International Aircraft Directory"

also:

"Say Again, Please" by Bob Gardner and of course 2 classics that if anybody hasn't read yet: "Stick and Rudder" and "Flying Carpet" by Greg Brown.

PM if you want to borrow any of these.

Just picked up a copy of Greg's book.... have wanted to read it for years. Kent said something about it that sparked that "oh yeah" moment and I popped onto Amazon.com and ordered it. Should be here within the week. Would be great if it was here for weekend reading. :yesnod:

Back