Book Club: "Mountain Flying Bible" - Sparky Imeson

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Richard has been kindly letting his copy of Sparky Imeson's great tome on mountain flying circle the pattern of POA members. I am currently in possession of it, and will forward it on to another POA member if there are any takers. I'll be done with it by the end of next week (January 2nd).

This book is so good, I'll be acquiring a copy for my personal library. Thanks, Richard. I've enjoyed it!

Didn't the author crash in the mountains?

Yep, and as a result I now have a 406 PLB and survival vest in the plane. It's a great story, and many lessons learned.

Troy:

Sign me up- I can swap a couple of other aviation books I have been meaning to out in to PoA Book Club circulation, along with the air radio we've been fidaddling about with for a while.

Sign me up- I can swap a couple of other aviation books I have been meaning to out in to PoA Book Club circulation, along with the air radio we've been fidaddling about with for a while.

You got it Spike. Call me, we'll hook up for lunch or something, rather than shipping it.

I'm definitely interested as well.

Spike can send it on to you afterwards!

And yes, Steve, he was IN a mountain crash, but he was not the pilot flying, and he and the pilot taking the mountain flying course did survive. He wrote an interesting article about the experience and lessons learned. Perhaps someone will post the link.

Troy, be sure to sign the book. Same for you Spike.

WRT the crash, the guys ripped Sparky a new one on the C-170 forum.

OK, I have hoarded this book entirely too long; I am way overdue to pass it along, so it is available for pass-along. PM me with appropriate information, and off it goes.

I bet I'll go out and buy a copy for myself someday- it's a gem of a book.

Thanks, Richard!

OK. spoken-for, and to be sent out.

Back