Bonanza Sulfer Creek Idaho

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
BLANCOLIRIO makes some of the best aviation content on YouTube, and no needless or annoying pizazz either

Anyway.. 5,800 field elevation and 3,000' runway, Bonanza departing with tailwind in gusty conditions rejects and ends up in ditch

Both people onboard okay..

Sorry to see this, nice plane, sounds like an almost new engine. He mentioned it’s a one way in, one way out airport. I don’t think one could know the actual wind & gust, surely a factor.

Glad the two made it, a few recoverable injuries it sounds.

3300' at 5800' elevation is not exactly short. Would have to be a hell of a tailwind (cross wind) to get blown off the runway that far.
Not a lot of wind there unless there is a storm, morning DA shouldn't be bad. Unless really heavy or not making power it shouldn't be an issue.

That he was airborne about halfway down the runway sounds about right.
Unless he had some kind of technical issue, I would however bet that he struggled to keep the Bonanza on / over the runway, freaked out, pulled power and then drove it into the ditch.
The aircraft is registered in MA but all recent flights on FlightAware were in Idaho. I would therefore think that he probably had at least some mountain flying experience. So, who knows what happened.

Back