Bonanza down near Paine Field, WA

So sad...I wonder what actually happened. Appears to be a very survivable landing, unless it was a pancake style arrival...again, very sad. Stay safe out there, people.

Never good,looking at the pictures ,looks like the crash should have been survivable. Have to see the reports to figure this one out.

Shoulder harness? was the first thing that went though my head.

Sad to see.

So sad...I wonder what actually happened. Appears to be a very survivable landing, unless it was a pancake style arrival...again, very sad. Stay safe out there, people.

Crap!:(

Doesn't look like much structrual damage ie no wings ripped off. Actually seems pretty intact plus I don't see any gouge marks which I'd think it would make if it had any forward momentum. Just have to wait to see what the NTSB says.

There is no damage to the nose of the plane and little if any to leading edges, despite having crashed in the woods. I don't see how this could be anything but a pancake.

Never good,looking at the pictures ,looks like the crash should have been survivable. Have to see the reports to figure this one out.

It was survived. 1 dead, 1 injured.

It is RUMORED that the pilot had a heart attack, slumped over a throw over yoke.

It was survived. 1 dead, 1 injured.

It is RUMORED that the pilot had a heart attack, slumped over a throw over yoke.

How is that possible without lawn-darting the airplane?

On takeoff, it would have been at full power, and nosing it over would have resulted in a very high speed crash with just little tiny bits left over.

How is that possible without lawn-darting the airplane?

On takeoff, it would have been at full power, and nosing it over would have resulted in a very high speed crash with just little tiny bits left over.
Not if the pax was trying to pull the pilot back. IOW, the plane may have nosed over and the passenger was able to pull the nose the nose up in time to land flat.

Too early to really know anything for sure.

BT is saying the PAX died and the pilot was fighting to maintain control. Way too early to do anything but speculate.

Latest from Seattle: Dual control Bonaza, CFI with outstanding experience teaching new owner as he upgrades from non-complex aircraft. Takeoff, report of engine sounding odd, stall, recovery from stall and pancake into swampy area. CFI passed away.

Latest from Seattle: Dual control Bonaza, CFI with outstanding experience teaching new owner as he upgrades from non-complex aircraft. Takeoff, report of engine sounding odd, stall, recovery from stall and pancake into swampy area. CFI passed away.
that's better than the rumors

Another take off accident. RIP

I should start a betting pool for a guy on our field who I often watch show up, pull his plane out of it's hangar, and go. No walk around, no sump fuel, no nothing, just get in and go in a hurry every time.

Another take off accident. RIP

I should start a betting pool for a guy on our field who I often watch show up, pull his plane out of it's hangar, and go. No walk around, no sump fuel, no nothing, just get in and go in a hurry every time.

I was preflighting the Baron at Texas Jet (FTW) a few months ago and the line guy commented that he was surprised at how few pilots he sees actually doing a preflight walk around before they get in and fire up. Kind of scary.

I have watched a local do that numerous times with a toga, and it is usually a late evening departure

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It all worked when I put it in the hangar, i'm the only on with a key. All the whirly stuff gets checked at runup. You're not going to find a cracked spar in a walk around. Check gas, oil, controls, runup, go...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back