Bonanza Costs

PilotRPI

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
PilotRPI
I'm trying to come up with a fair dry-rate to use a buddy's Bonanza. Anyone have a rate they use? Also, what are estimates to overhaul an IO-520 and a prop?

Thank you.

Pinging @texasag93 .

Our club has a 1966 Bonanza V35. And Brian is our club treasurer. So he should have answers to your numbers questions.

I can share that we use a wet rental rate of $130 per tach hour (no hobbs)

Pinging @texasag93 .

Our club has a 1966 Bonanza V35. And Brian is our club treasurer. So he should have answers to your numbers questions.

I can share that we use a wet rental rate of $130 per tach hour (no hobbs)

That's a very good rate, for a very nice plane! Good club.

I do not have the receipt for overhauling the prop, but $2000 sticks in my mind. No major parts being replaced. Add to that cost pulling it off, shipping, and putting it back on.

Overhauling the engine, if the case and cam shaft are OK, is about $20k. Factory remanufacture will cost about $32k and factory new about $36k (estimated). Add to this the cost to pull it off, ship it, and put it back on, about $5k.

That's a very good rate, for a very nice plane! Good club.

The cost to belong to the club is a buy in (historically about $5k) plus $300 a month if you fly or not. Our club figures that the club dues cover all of the fixed costs and the hourly covers the major costs.

Upgrades to the airplanes are split between the two and done when funds are available.

Our 1987 F33A Bonanza is $95/hr (tach time) dry.
We allocate and fully fund Airframe, Engine and Insurance reserves on a per hour (but grouped together across 3 airplanes, so I don't have the individual aircraft reserve dollars here).
Our dues, at $215/mo are fully flyable, bankable and never expire.
Buy-in is $3600, and your share is sellable when you leave (with timing and wait list restrictions)

Back