Bomber Jacket?

Dwight B. Van Zanen

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DBVZ
I thought I saw a link for getting a leather bomber jacket here a while ago, but I can't find it now. Anyone know where it is, or can direct me to the right web site? Thanks for your help.

I think the jacket being referenced is the $88.00(or something like that) article for which one of the PoA had a direct contact with the supplier.
??????????????????????

HR

Last edited:
I got one of those, and just loved it - it was the company advertised in the aopa pilot magazine ... the company name is Airborne Leathers.

It's a great deal! :) Everyone that I know that bought one loves it. :)

I got one of those, and just loved it - it was the company advertised in the aopa pilot magazine ... the company name is Airborne Leathers.

It's a great deal! :) Everyone that I know that bought one loves it. :)
Thats the one. $98. http://www.airborne-leathers.com/a-2_jacket.html Description is a lot like the more expensive ones I saw. Was the size reference right? Thanks.

I got a cheap bomber jacket for Christmas one year, at my request. It had the fluffy collar too.

It was cheap. It smelled like recently departed cow right out of the box, and after wearing for about a week, the leather started looking real old, almost like a vintage jacket. I actually liked the way it looked, but its now falling apart, about 2 years later.

2 years for a cheap jacket? Not too bad, I guess, but its not a fine quality piece of apparal by any means....if anyone has the AOPA Flight Training issue from 2 years ago with me in it, I am wearing the jacket in the picture (I'm trying to see if I have the picture somewhere myself).

I got a cheap bomber jacket for Christmas one year, at my request. It had the fluffy collar too.

It was cheap. It smelled like recently departed cow right out of the box, and after wearing for about a week, the leather started looking real old, almost like a vintage jacket. I actually liked the way it looked, but its now falling apart, about 2 years later.

2 years for a cheap jacket? Not too bad, I guess, but its not a fine quality piece of apparal by any means....if anyone has the AOPA Flight Training issue from 2 years ago with me in it, I am wearing the jacket in the picture (I'm trying to see if I have the picture somewhere myself).
I guess I am just trusting Tom and their web site. Description is of an Air Force A-2, made of goat leather. The other site charged extra for the goat and recommended it. Price of $98 is a sale price, though the "sale" seems to have been running a while. They said if you order 10 or more as a group to the same place the price is $80 each and a flat $40 shipping for total of $84 each. I guess I will find out if this is a good jacket or not. Order confirmed, but no shipping date yet.

Thanks all, for your help.

I'm 6'1" and 215 and ordered the xl tall. It works for me. The jacket is a bit roomy, but that's fine. It is not overly big at all. If anything were to go early on it, I would expect that to the knit cuffs, but I have no idea that they will.

And it doesn't smell funny either! :no:

Or bleat. ;)

2 weeks and no jacket yet. They did charge my VISA though, so I expect the ordier is being processed for shipping. I will give a sniff and fit report when it gets here.

Dwight, if it isn't in your hands, yet, I'd give 'em a call. They are very responsive. :yes:

The jacket arrived. It came just after I left for a 2 week trip, on June 18. I said I would give a fit and snif report:

The jacket smells like any leather jacket. Nothing at all offensive about that.

The fit of the XL is fine - the same as any other XL I have ever ordered.

The workmanship and design are exactly as advertized.

No complaints, other than it took just about a month from order to delivery. They blamed it on shipping issues caused by 9/11. A little warm for a jacket right now anyway.

The jacket arrived. It came just after I left for a 2 week trip, on June 18. I said I would give a fit and snif report:

The jacket smells like any leather jacket. Nothing at all offensive about that.

The fit of the XL is fine - the same as any other XL I have ever ordered.

The workmanship and design are exactly as advertized.

No complaints, other than it took just about a month from order to delivery. They blamed it on shipping issues caused by 9/11. A little warm for a jacket right now anyway.

9/11? Wasn't that in 2001? :dunno: Have they not shipped anything in the 6 years?

9/11? Wasn't that in 2001? :dunno: Have they not shipped anything in the 6 years?
Blamed the increased security. Perhaps the word "bomber" got the TSA more interested? Sounded like an excuse to me. But it arrived, and I am satisfied. Nice leather jacket for about $100.

Blamed the increased security. Perhaps the word "bomber" got the TSA more interested? Sounded like an excuse to me. But it arrived, and I am satisfied. Nice leather jacket for about $100.
Glad ya like it, Dwight - I always get a leetle bit nervous after I've posted a glowing review ... I was afraid you'd get yours and it would still have mouse tails attached to the leather! :D

Back