Boliver, MO

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey i thought i heard somewhere that there was a pretty good restraunt in Boliver, right at the airport.
Anybody know about this??

Rudy said:
Hey i thought i heard somewhere that there was a pretty good restraunt in Boliver, right at the airport.
Rudy, Tom and I have flown over there several times for a meal, often with a group of friends.

It's pretty, crossing Stockton Lake on the way; makes for a nice change in scenery to fly over the sailboats. And hey, you might even fly over 08MO and holler on the radio at us on 122.9 :)

Here's a picture from a flight to Bolivar on my first lesson in the CJ. This is also the time I learned about the propeller turning in the opposite direction and how right foot makes you run off the runway :)

Rudy said:

Plus, a bit of history about Bolivar. I was white water rafting in Colorado a few years ago and ended up being in a raft with a lady who was from South America who knew about Bolivar, MO and knew that it was named after Simon Bolivar, the explorer. She pronounced it differently, and was most unimpressed that we flew there to eat.
;)

Diana said:
Rudy, Tom and I have flown over there several times for a meal, often with a group of friends.

It's pretty, crossing Stockton Lake on the way; makes for a nice change in scenery to fly over the sailboats. And hey, you might even fly over 08MO and holler on the radio at us on 122.9 :)

Here's a picture from a flight to Bolivar on my first lesson in the CJ. This is also the time I learned about the propeller turning in the opposite direction and how right foot makes you run off the runway :)
Alright Great. If i go i will definitely give you a holler on the radio!!

jbelew said:
Hi Rudy,

If you will take me to Boliver I will buy lunch

Grandpa
Hey Jim, welcome to the forum! Glad to see you here. :)

jbelew said:
Hi Rudy,

If you will take me to Boliver I will buy lunch

Grandpa
DEAL!!!!!!!

Diana said:
Well, it looks like I may be flying it again when schedules permit. :)
Is that the plane from PTS Diana?

Rudy said:
Is that the plane from PTS Diana?
Yes it is Rudy. I'm sure Terry would be glad to give you a ride if you're interested. I can contact him about it if you want.
:)

Diana said:
Yes it is Rudy. I'm sure Terry would be glad to give you a ride if you're interested. I can contact him about it if you want.
:)
Yeah sure!! I occassionly see him out there. Looks like a blast to fly in!!

Back