Boeing and Fantasy of Flight gallery

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
Boeing and Future of Flight gallery

I was in washington this past week and got to go to the Boeing and Future of Flight gallery. I will honestly say that I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped I would be. Apparently the other airplane museum makes up for it but its practicaly in the middle of Seattle where as Boeing isnt and I was staying on the outskirts. Its about $15 and looks like you could fly into the airport and get a short ride over there somehow but I didnt fly in. It's okay if its on your way or if you live in the general area. All they do is let you walk around one small area of Boeing specific parts in the gallery and then you take a bus ride over to the factory. Next you take a big elevator up to the 4th floor between the assembly lines of the 777 and soon to be 787 (no plane there yet) and let you look out. No cameras are allowed. Then after the lady gives a short speach, you get back in the bus and go back to the museum/gallery. I'm assuming you dont get to do much because of security reasons but I will give it credit by how incredibly big it is inside and how quickly they can get a jumbo jet fully assembled (estimating 4 months).

Attachments

• IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Steve, funny you should mention Weeks and Fantasy of Flight. On Scott's recommendation, Leslie and I went there a couple of weeks ago when we were in Tampa. It was really quite fascinating! And I even got to shake his hand, because he was going to be flying his AT-6 around that afternoon. Unfortunately, she had to get back for a conference, so we weren't able to stay for the flight. :(

That said, I'd second the recommendation to go see the museum if you're in the area for, say, Sun 'N Fun. It's jst down the road from Lakeland!

The Sun n Fun warbird owners banquet is held in Weeks' hangar. Nice setting.

See, Tris, you should be coming to FL instead of rainy ol' WA. :)

Not sure where the museum is that you went to but the one in Seattle by Boeing field is well worth the visit. Lots of cool displays and you can walk through Air Force One from the Johnson/Nixon era.

I changed the title. I think the other one is named something closed and I got it mixed.

Wish I could, I'm having enough of a fight trying to get my instrument rating. Setbacks....always setbacks...and its usualy me.

Back