Boeing 787

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Just watched Boeings demo 787 land at DCA. Picture from my office window... uploadfromtaptalk1336402070804.jpg

Did the tower controllers stay awake for it's arrival.

Cool! Thanks Bill.

Rotax engines?

:)

Boeing is receiving the Collier Award this Thursday for the 787. They are having that 787 open for display purposes at the award reception/dinner. I'll be there. Should be fun...I don't normally bring a camera to these events, but will this time.

Boeing is receiving the Collier Award this Thursday for the 787. They are having that 787 open for display purposes at the award reception/dinner. I'll be there. Should be fun...I don't normally bring a camera to these events, but will this time.
Do you know what time and the entrance req'mts?

Do you know what time and the entrance req'mts?

It's on the NAA site. Something like $195/person, Black Tie event. It's held at the $ignature hangar.

While I have a black tie, $195 is more than I want to pay right now.

It's on the NAA site. Something like $195/person, Black Tie event. It's held at the $ignature hangar.

While I have a black tie, $195 is more than I want to pay right now.
+1:yesnod:

Here's some shots of the Collier Banquet at Signature's Hangar featuring the 787 as the backdrop.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsensor/sets/72157629681511570/

Wow -- you dress up nicely! Who knew? :lol:

7177463892_3efc96611b_z.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, and that one tips my hand. You'll see by the badge I'm wearing that I didn't pay the $195 to get in.

Tuxedo Warehouse called - you have until tomorrow to get that back to them. You know it is prom season !

Hey I own that tux, but Margy didn't tell me the vest had slid up.

I've been doing the two big NAA events for the past dozen years or so (Mackay and Collier). I originally got started because the Smithsonian curator responsible for the trophies needed help lugging the cases and putting the trophies on their bases. After time he got allocated some staff people, so now I just work reception. I get to smooze with the people who are in attendance.

Hey I own that tux, but Margy didn't tell me the vest had slid up.

I've been doing the two big NAA events for the past dozen years or so (Mackay and Collier). I originally got started because the Smithsonian curator responsible for the trophies needed help lugging the cases and putting the trophies on their bases. After time he got allocated some staff people, so now I just work reception. I get to smooze with the people who are in attendance.

Sweet gig. I'll bet you've met some pretty amazing people at these events.

BTW: The vest didn't "slide" up. It was forced... :lol:

Back