Boeing 777 Wing Stress Test

I'd love to download videos like this to play in my ground school, but YouTube doesn't allow it. If anyone knows an alternate site, please let me know!

rcaligan said:
I'd love to download videos like this to play in my ground school, but YouTube doesn't allow it. If anyone knows an alternate site, please let me know!

If you use firefox, there's an extension you can add that'll let you download whatever video you're watching (even youtube) Resolution is degraded a bit and it's not as convinent to view as mpg/avi stuff. The problem is that youtube is cruddy resolution to start with then the video capture thingie degrades it from there a bit. Annoying at best.

Now that is amazing design work. The legal requirement is 150% of design limit load. You see them all cheer at that point. Then it fails at 154%. Any more than that, and it's overdesigned and heavier than it needs to be, much less and it's unsafe.

Also, notice that it failed in the way they predicted and in the place they predicted and that both wings failed at exactly the same time. That means they really know how to analyze the wings and the construction processes are good enough that the wings were virtually identical in the region of failure.

Chris

that is pretty cool. I think when the airbus 380 failed its wing test, it was at something like 148% so close but so far away.

Back