Boeing 747-8 1Mlbs TOW WOW!

I don't think AB has done a 380 freighter yet. And the Russian plane needs a large crew and has atrocious fuel flows. If it ain't a Boeing, I ain't going.

My response to that, given I did not read the article, is "So?" Not all airports can handle a 747 either.

True but I'd imagine there are a lot more airports that can take the 47 which I would think would cut down on ground shipping distance and cost and thus increased its versatility over the 380.

True but I'd imagine there are a lot more airports that can take the 47 which I would think would cut down on ground shipping distance and cost and thus increased its versatility over the 380.

Yeah, but what I took away from the article was the 1,000,000 pound MGTOW, not the fact that it was a freighter. I was only pointing out that there were a couple of planes that grossed more.

Yeah, but what I took away from the article was the 1,000,000 pound MGTOW, not the fact that it was a freighter. I was only pointing out that there were a couple of planes that grossed more.

Ah ok I was referring to its capabilities as a freighter which is apparently why the -8 was designed. I wonder how much fuel they had to burn ( time aloft) off to allow it to reach MGLW

Back