Boeing 727 Coming Back?

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd
Am I the only guy in America that hadn't heard about Boeing bringing back the 727?
New engines, new avionics.

It's already back... the Jonas Brothers have one. I know because a few years back the ramp staff at Signature KMCI told me alllllll about it.

It's already back... the Jonas Brothers have one. I know because a few years back the ramp staff at Signature KMCI told me alllllll about it.
My Dad flew the same airplane back when it was N109HT. Back around 1990 Air Routing said they were the first N registered airplane to fly into Saigon after the war. They flew to a lot of the Pacific, Asia, US and Europe.

Last edited:
A clickbait youtube video.
The channel that posted this seems to have nothing but improbable videos about the airline industry, all posted within the past month or so. Did you know that Airbus is shutting down? ;)

The channel that posted this seems to have nothing but improbable videos about the airline industry, all posted within the past month or so. Did you know that Airbus is shutting down? ;)

"If you drink a glass of this once a day belly fat will melt away"....................

I was expecting a Ricky Martin video. I was disappointed.

To be fair, if a pilot woke up from a 50 year coma, and you told them that the 737 was still in production, I'd bet their reply would be along the lines of "no f*&ng way". So it's plausible.

To be fair, if a pilot woke up from a 50 year coma, and you told them that the 737 was still in production, I'd bet their reply would be along the lines of "no f*&ng way". So it's plausible.

That made me LOL.

Which one of these is the overhead panel for a 737-200, and which is the 737-10?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 58
That made me LOL.

Which one of these is the overhead panel for a 737-200, and which is the 737-10?
Wow. Thinking left is older, because the AC/DC status readouts on the left are analog, and the right are digital. I had a peak up front on one a few years ago, and was surprised at how 70's it looked in instrumentation. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

That made me LOL.

The HUD projector and mount were a give away, other than that it would have been more of a coin flip.

#1 is the 200. It was taken with a 1mp phone.

Wow. Thinking left is older, because the AC/DC status readouts on the left are analog, and the right are digital. I had a peak up front on one a few years ago, and was surprised at how 70's it looked in instrumentation. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Does the HUD display the Highway to Hell?

I hope this is sarcasm because they are sorely mistaken. The Jonas brothers chartered an old faded and tired up 727-100 based in Chino CA.

Boeing has zero incentive to build new 727's. There was talk back when there were 727 airframes in reasonable shape that you could reengine them as twin jets, but you'd have to do more than just reengine. It would take an entire new flight deck as well. Just about everyplace the video claims would be well served by the renewed 727 are already served by RJs quite efficiently. Any place bigger can take a 737 or A320.

When I did my required observational jumpseat rides when I was hired at my airline, I had already picked the A320 as my fleet. I did two legs, the first in the A320, the second in a 737. The Airbus was like riding in a nice luxury automobile, and the 737 was the aerial version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. I was very happy with what I chose.

When I did my required observational jumpseat rides when I was hired at my airline, I had already picked the A320 as my fleet. I did two legs, the first in the A320, the second in a 737. The Airbus was like riding in a nice luxury automobile, and the 737 was the aerial version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. I was very happy with what I chose.
I’ve flown both. The -300/-500s first, then the bus and then the -700/-800/-900s. I agree with your observation. But I take a “ Love the one you’re with” attitude.

Back