Bobcat compact tractor....

us AAirways

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
us AAirways
I have a Bobcat brand compact tractor. I was going to change the oil this morning, and whatdayaknow, the hood release breaks.:mad2: Well, at least it happened before I drained the oil out of it.:goofy:

I can't get my hand up in there to get it open with my fingers...any ideas???

of course the warranty expired a few months ago.

I have a Bobcat brand compact tractor. I was going to change the oil this morning, and whatdayaknow, the hood release breaks.:mad2: Well, at least it happened before I drained the oil out of it.:goofy:

I can't get my hand up in there to get it open with my fingers...any ideas???

of course the warranty expired a few months ago.

Find the cable / push /pull rod that activates the hood... Get a pair of Vise grip pliers and open the hood.........

Find the cable / push /pull rod that activates the hood... Get a pair of Vise grip pliers and open the hood.........

I tried that. It comes out to where it would normally open the hood, but yet it doesn't release it. It is a cable. I tried it by hand, twisted it, wouldn't move at all. So I was able to move it with pliers, but still doesn't release the hood.

I tried that. It comes out to where it would normally open the hood, but yet it doesn't release it. It is a cable. I tried it by hand, twisted it, wouldn't move at all. So I was able to move it with pliers, but still doesn't release the hood.

That sucks................. let me think about it a little more..

I got it open finally. Pushing down on the hood while pulling on the cable. Took a few times along with many many choice words :). The cable is corroded bad, which is funny because it is in the pole barn when not in use. I will take it apart tomorrow and lube the crap out of it. The bolts on the latch were a little loose too. Thanks for the replies.

:thumbsup:
I got it open finally. Pushing down on the hood while pulling on the cable. Took a few times along with many many choice words :). The cable is corroded bad, which is funny because it is in the pole barn when not in use. I will take it apart tomorrow and lube the crap out of it. The bolts on the latch were a little loose too. Thanks for the replies.

Kool......

Back