Bob Saget Gone West

HE and Norm Macdonald were very close friends. One of my favorite movies that never took off was Dirty Work.
Saget directed and Norm and Artie Lange starred in it.

One of my favorites in college.

On youtube you can see lots of clips of Norm calling Bob in his last days and Bob reflecting on Norm.
sad.

All I ever saw of him was as the host of Americas Funniest Home Videos. Then his joke in The Aristocrats.

Last edited:
What did him in? I didn’t think he was THAT old.

I think he was found passed in his hotel room, on a tour of sorts, performing. They did mention no signs of foul play. The odds would seem to point to a medical cause, also mentioned no signs of substances present, drugs & such.

I hardly know what all he did, seems a little on the younger side to just keel over.

I think he was found passed in his hotel room, on a tour of sorts, performing. They did mention no signs of foul play. The odds would seem to point to a medical cause, also mentioned no signs of substances present, drugs & such.

I hardly know what all he did, seems a little on the younger side to just keel over.
Regardless of initial findings, it was either a drug overdose or a medical issue. Like you, I’m leaning toward a sudden medical issue. Will be interesting to hear the cause and autopsy will tell all…

All I ever saw of him was as the host of Americas Funniest Home Videos. Then his joke in The Aristocrats.

People were usually shocked when they heard his standup routines since they were pretty raunchy. Didn't quite fit the All-American dad persona he cultivated from acting on Full House and AFV.

Friend of mine was found deceased in his hotel room, I don't think he was any older than that. Never did find out what happened to him. Carpe diem gentlemen, anyone can die of anything at any time.

Dobey Gillis (Dwayne Hickman) also passed away yesterday.

Friend of mine was found deceased in his hotel room, I don't think he was any older than that. Never did find out what happened to him. Carpe diem gentlemen, anyone can die of anything at any time.

A high school buddy: a young 50 yrs old, in great shape, D1 college basketball head coach, everything going for him, went out for a jog and never came back. Heart attack dropped him during his run.

My contribution to his memory is the ID band I have. He was out of town when it happened and had no ID. Took most of a week for him to be identified and his wife notified.

My ex lost a relative. Guy was 40, extremely fit, never smoked or drank, dropped dead on the handball court. They did an autopsy, found his arteries clogged, slapped his 18-year-old son in the hospital for tests. Kid was on cholesterol-lowering drugs from then on. High cholesterol can be a genetic condition (actually it may always have more to do with genetics than diet). A friend of mine died of cirrhosis of the liver and was a very, very light drinker (half a glass of wine once in awhile). He managed to live into his 80s, but his quality of life was pretty bad the last few years. It was the same deal: bad genes. You just never know.

I just remember Bob Saget as the America's Funniest Home Videos host.

I just remember Bob Saget as the America's Funniest Home Videos host.
He was the dad in that “Full House” TV show that I never watched. Funny thing about him was his personality and typecasting. In both those TV shows he played himself as a super clean-cut guy. But when he was on stage doing stand up he was as raunchy as they get. I think he had a lot of fun destroying his TV stereotype. I think in real life he was a combination of the two and was able to turn them off and on when he wanted.

I think it was Entourage where he played himself totally counter image...drug abusing oversexed per kinda like Charlie Sheen. He was hysterical.

RIP.

Yeah...he had the Full House and AFV nice guy persona but that was all a shtick. Had an opportunity to work with him a few years back, he was a d!#k in real life.

My ex lost a relative. Guy was 40, extremely fit, never smoked or drank, dropped dead on the handball court. They did an autopsy, found his arteries clogged, slapped his 18-year-old son in the hospital for tests. Kid was on cholesterol-lowering drugs from then on. High cholesterol can be a genetic condition (actually it may always have more to do with genetics than diet). A friend of mine died of cirrhosis of the liver and was a very, very light drinker (half a glass of wine once in awhile). He managed to live into his 80s, but his quality of life was pretty bad the last few years. It was the same deal: bad genes. You just never know.

My employer used to offer a voluntary full blood screen annually for all staff. Rumor was it actually saved one guy's life because they caught something on the test that showed the early stages of cancer.

These days due to cost cutting, its been reduced to a basic blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar screening. Probably still not a bad idea for those that don't get regular doctor's visits.

The number of people I check for DVT on ultrasound on Monday's after traveling long flights, low fluid intake and long sitting episodes ... that'd be my guess if his toxicology is negative with left ventricular embolus 2* to arrythmia being #2.

I had a buddy who ate McD’s 2-3x per day, rarely exercised beyond normal daily activities, etc. Stayed fit no matter what (appearance-wise). He was sweating a physical for work that he had coming up. The day came and he went in. A few days later he got the results. He was surprised to see that he was in great health, labs looked good, etc. I thought about it and told him that somewhere a marathon runner who uses that clinic just got his results and thinks they’re on death’s door…

Like you said, you never know with genes.

Case is pending toxicology...in my line of work, that usually means either a suspicion of drug overdose or no glaring natural cause/manner.

Back