Bob Hoover (Wow)

Bob Hoover is definitely da' man.

Interesting reading the prior comments. If I remember from the book Forever Flying he learned to do an eight point roll prior to going into the military. It amazed his instructor when he showed him. He just kept playing with a roll until he could do it and then just took it from there.

Now the real question is if some young new pilot came on this board and said they were out teaching themselves to do an 8 point roll. How do you think everyone would react?

I think the server would explode.

I read that book too & still have it. He did learn the 8 point roll on his own. Given the licensing in those days, he might have even technically been a student pilot when he did it.

Found another picture of Bob, signing my son's hat at OSH 2000.

That young lad went on to earn his pilot's certificate in 2007, and is soon to be a 2nd Lt. in the Army. :thumbsup:

196061_402835559752344_1030371264_n.jpg

GREAT KIDS Jay!:yesnod:

Not only is Hoover a great aviator and a nice guy, he's a WWII veteran and a man who seriously loves his country. I highly recommend "Forever Flying."

It troubled me to read negative statements about Yeager in this thread. Another WWII veteran and a great aviator. He's the first to admit that he was in the right places at the right times, but IMHO it's absurd to belittle Yeager. I highly recommend "The Right Stuff."

Back