Bob Bement is "The Man!"

N50909

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TexASH Pilot
I posted this on the red board too, but worth posting here as well:

I've never met Bob and don't know him outside of this forum, but he strikes me as the humble type who would never post this himself, and will likely be somewhat embarrassed by me having posted it.

That being said, his kind of story needs to be told.

On the last page of this month's AOPA Flight Training magazine, there's a fantastic article about the forum's own Bob Bement. It's not available online yet, so a PDF scan is attached.

I won't try to summarize the article, I'll let you read it for yourselves to get the full effect.

Bob, you're an inspiration to us all. Thank you!

Attachments

• bob.pdf
    254.2 KB · Views: 77
bob is definitely a grade A top notch guy, I had a great time visiting with him at Gastons. Keep it up sir!

So, they make him sound like he's a nice guy in that article.

But the truth can so often deviate from the press...

...he's nicer!

Good on ya', Bob!

Bob, I'm glad ya got that write-up. It's an honor well-deserved.

Missa, thanks for pulling the old thread. I recall Bob writing the post. It was indeed a love story about the passion of flight some pilots can never easily give up.

Great story, and I'm glad you got it out, Bob.

That's 3 people I think now that have shown up in Flight Training from PoA.

PoA may be the breeding ground for interesting stories :D

Nick- that would be you, Bob, and Bruce??

err Tristan??

Bob, I'm glad ya got that write-up. It's an honor well-deserved.

Missa, thanks for pulling the old thread. I recall Bob writing the post. It was indeed a love story about the passion of flight some pilots can never easily give up.

It really wasn't that hard, I remember Bob told us this story and Bob doesn't start that many threads (only high quality ones). So i just searched for threads he started, it was like number 3 or so down the list.

Missa

Good job, Bob!

Who else has been in flight training? Do you guys have links to those write-ups on the flight training website? I'd be interested in reading them...

Bob is a truly awesome guy. He treated my very well when I stopped out a Vale once. If anyone flies by that area it is worth a detour to drop in on him. He has great real life flying stories and advice when flying the backcountry.

Barb

I've been honored to have Bob aboard the Seneca II & @ Gaston's. Couldn't meet a nicer guy.

-Bruce

Attachments

• Bob Bement to Gastons.JPG
    Bob Bement to Gastons.JPG
    443.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Just when you start to lose faith in humanity....

Back