Bob Barker to retire <N.A.>

kevin47881

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Time to fly!
It was reported today that Bob Barker will be retiring from the Price Is Right this coming June after 35 years of hosting. Can you imagine doing the same gig for 35 years? He stated he will finish his last show like all others, please have your pets spade or neutered, no big finale (sp?).
Heck, he's been doing the show almost as long as I've been kicking up dirt (almost, not quite :D )
Who in the world can replace Bob?!?!?!:dunno:

Last edited:
kevin47881 said:
It was reported today that Bob Barker will be retiring from the Price Is Right in this coming June after 35 years of hosting. Can you imagine doing the same gig for 35 years? He stated he will finish his last show like all others, please have your pets spade or neutered, no big finale (sp?).
Heck, he's been doing the show almost as long as I've been kicking up dirt (almost, not quite :D )
Who in the world can replace Bob?!?!?!:dunno:
My favorite Bob Barker appearence was in Happy Gilmore when he and Adam Sadler were in the fist fight. hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
My favorite Bob Barker appearence was in Happy Gilmore when he and Adam Sadler were in teh fist fight. hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now THAT was funny. See Scott, we can agree :yes:

smigaldi said:
My favorite Bob Barker appearence was in Happy Gilmore when he and Adam Sadler were in teh fist fight. hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
That was the best! I _still_ laugh my butt off when I see it.

"You want a piece of me, Bob?"

"No, I want the whole thing!"

no way :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

seriously i thought bob would go until he died.
i hope they wont continue with the show. it just wont be the same.

Pets everywhere are breathing a sigh of relief.

James Dean

You kids. Get off my lawn!

I remember "The Price is Right" BEFORE that whipper-snapper Bob Barker horned in on it. It DID exist before him, folks, but they won't be able to find anyone to replace him.

Who was the original host? He was a pilot and a very interesting guy who was very good on the air.

Did you see that Bob Barker said you need to know the 80 games on the show like the back of your hand? 80?

How about when the show girl sued him for harrassment?

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
My favorite Bob Barker appearence was in Happy Gilmore when he and Adam Sadler were in the fist fight. hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
That was the best scene in the movie. :rofl:

Sorry, I take that back. The beer on the fairway scene was the best. What was her name??

mikea said:
Who was the original host? He was a war veteran and a very interesting guy who was very good on the air.

Bob Barker has always been the host of the NEW Price is Right but if you are refering to the original version of the show from 1956 that would be Bill Cullen

either way after june 2007 life for college kids (me included) and senior citizens everywhere will just not be the same. lets hope they go for another 35 years on reruns. im not sure how i will function without my daily liberty medical and hoverround commercials :(

BTW isn't the set on the Price is Right just as old ad Bob Barker? I mean gessh it does not look like they ever spent a dime on updating it.

smigaldi said:
Bob Barker has always been the host of the NEW Price is Right but if you are refering to the original version of the show from 1956 that would be Bill Cullen

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/cullen/shows/price.html

Bill earned a pilot's license in his teens, but his interest in flying became more serious during World War II. Rejected by the armed services due to his childhood bout with polio, Bill served in the Civil Air Defense as an instructor and patrol pilot in his native Pennsylvania. He owned a Ryan Navion four-seater plane, the same type flown by fellow enthusiast Arthur Godfrey. Later, he owned a different four-seater, a Beechcraft Bonanza. In 1950, with several planes, he incorporated a flying business called Appointment Airlines. That endeavor lasted only two years and was a financial failure, costing Bill about $30,000. Bill continued to be a devoted flier well into the 1970s.

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/cullen/

Last edited:
A friend and I are probably going to make the pilgrimmage for spring break. I've always wanted to be in the audience, now I have a reason to get a move on.

get there early. i had a roomate get in the audience last year. it requires standing in line from about 1 or 2am until 8 am, then being really happy all day long while filming. i swear they put the crowd an amphetamines or something to keep them going through the taping. id love to be able to do it but probably wont have the chance.

Jeez, I thought he was already dead. :confused:

Anthony said:
Jeez, I thought he was already dead. :confused:

Haha... Back when I was marching in a drum and bugle corps and was on tour all summer long, people kept starting the rumor that Bob Barker died just to see how far it would go. I fell for it at least once. :rofl:

Notable deaths that I remember occuring while I was on tour that were for real: Shamu, and Jerry Garcia.

It was insane how different of a world we were in, being on tour. I'd get home and I'd have friends say "Hey, did you go see <name of summer blockbuster here> yet?" I'd be like, "Huh? I never heard of it." Ads would be everywhere all summer, I just would never see them. I'd see the practice field and the other guys and the staff and at night I'd see a cheering crowd and then some friends from other corps. Then I'd see the inside of the bus and much partying, and then I'd see the inside of my eyelids. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Casey Casem is still alive, too. I've lost count of the number of facelifts...

wsuffa said:
Casey Casem is still alive, too. I've lost count of the number of facelifts...

I think he really did die 10 years ago. What is left are all the artifical parts that are still walking around. :rolleyes:;)

Back