BoA buying MBNA

Speed

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Speed
Looks like this will be completed by the end of the year. I was just browsing BoA's website - their CD rates aren't even half of what I've got with MBNA right now. I'm sure they'll keep the same ToA until they mature, but I'll have to find somewhere else after that. I wonder how this will affect the AOPA credit card? Will BoA honor and continue the rebate program? I never have like BoA. If they put annual fees on our cards I'll be hopping out of that program pretty quick too.

Stace, if the credit card terms go bad, I strongly recommend USAA's Mastercard; they are very customer-friendly, and always have among the best rates and reasonable terms. In addition, they always have a person- speaking English, no less- available on the phone.

SCCutler said:
Stace, if the credit card terms go bad, I strongly recommend USAA's Mastercard; they are very customer-friendly, and always have among the best rates and reasonable terms. In addition, they always have a person- speaking English, no less- available on the phone.

I'll second that recommendation. Much, much better than MBNA.

MBNA has systematically been shortening the allowable payment time. THe payment due date is now 10+ days before the closing date... it takes 'em about 7 days to mail the statement, and another 3-5 days to get to my house. Adding 3-5 days for the mail to take the payment to them allows very little grace period.

USAA is a lot better in that regard.

Worst part about MBNA (which has been mentioned) is they will raise the interest rate to 24.9% if you're a minute late. At the same time, they are offering you new cards, discounts on balance transfers, and stating how you're a "prefered customer".
HA! Who needs them. Too bad the AOPA card is with them.
Take my discount from the card and keep it paid off. The best way to handle credit cards anyway.
Soon there will only be one company "Bank of America". They seem to be buying everyone.

Back