Bo vs Prius in Boulder - bizzare story

Funny Funny Funny Boulder story!!!!

Sad Sad Sad GA story!!!!

Today was not a good day for flying in Colorado.

wow, wacky is usually found downtown in Boulder

Weird, but figured it would either be a Prius or a Subaru.

Bonanza. Figures. ;)

Prius driver spills tofutti on his birkenstocks after being hit by plane...

After the crash, witnesses say the pilot, 67-year-old Joe Curtis, ran off carrying a black bag.

Just cant trust those Bo guys :D

Greg you have to keep us informed on this one. Why the hell would he run?

Afraid of what they may find in a blood test?
Contraban in the Bag?

Greg you have to keep us informed on this one. Why the hell would he run?

Its obvious to me. He realized he landed in Boulder, occupied, enemy territory and his SERE instruction took over so to evade being captured by the Commies he ran. His bag contained:

One forty-five caliber automatic
Two boxes of ammunition
Four days' concentrated emergency rations
One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
One hundred dollars in rubles
One hundred dollars in gold
Nine packs of chewing gum
One issue of prophylactics
Three lipsticks
Three pair of nylon stockings

LOL!!!!! "he ran to the tower" .... there's no "tower" at Boulder ... closest they have to a tower is the two story FBO with the observation deck.

Wow! How unusual to run to the tower--one assumes to report the accident.
Oh, black bag he was carrying--thought it was an old bag <g>
Sounds like quite the sprinter!
Yes, please do keep us up-to-date on this unusual event!

Best,

Dave

Its obvious to me. He realized he landed in Boulder, occupied, enemy territory and his SERE instruction took over so to evade being captured by the Commies he ran. His bag contained:

One forty-five caliber automatic
Two boxes of ammunition
Four days' concentrated emergency rations
One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
One hundred dollars in rubles
One hundred dollars in gold
Nine packs of chewing gum
One issue of prophylactics
Three lipsticks
Three pair of nylon stockings

A fella could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff...

You know your history sir. Quite accurate.

Having repeated this trick on a live B-28, I concur...

normal_dr_strangelove01.jpg

Coincidentally, today I drove both a Prius and and Subaru. :D

"Look, I know my Citation doesn't get the best fuel economy, but I make up for it by driving a Prius when I get to where I'm going."

Cosmic.

I drove a Prius today, too!

Interesting buggy. I now understand why the vast majority of Prius operators are zombie-ing along in the left lane going 5 under the posted limit and utterly immune to outside influences; they are staring at the video screen, looking for that one last tenth.

Interesting buggy. I now understand why the vast majority of Prius operators are zombie-ing along in the left lane going 5 under the posted limit and utterly immune to outside influences; they are staring at the video screen, looking for that one last tenth.
Haha, I rarely pay attention to the MPG but I think that screen with the wheels, engine and battery is a stupid default display and only mildly entertaining. It's also the first car I've driven in a long time which required a short explanation about the controls although I probably could have figured it out.

It was funny when we picked up the car. The agent had to call for instructions on how to start it...heh. It took about a minute for me to figure out the sequence/configuration. Having a new washer/dryer set with similar controls helped....lol.

Haha, I rarely pay attention to the MPG but I think that screen with the wheels, engine and battery is a stupid default display and only mildly entertaining. It's also the first car I've driven in a long time which required a short explanation about the controls although I probably could have figured it out.

So the story now is the pilot fled the scene to tend to his dogs?
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14995723

Many years ago I was chatting with a CFI outside one of the FBOs at my home base who was monitoring a student on first solo. The student porpoised the landing and folded the nosegear on the third bounce. As the plane slid to a stop with the nose tire in flames the student climbed out and literally ran across the field to his car in which he then fled away. I got a lineman to drive me out to the plane with a big extinguisher and put out the fire (nothing else burned although the fuel, mags and master were still on). The CFI hung around for the inevitable FAA interview but AFaIK his (former) student never came back. I'm pretty sure the student wasn't going home to feed his dogs.

Many years ago I was chatting with a CFI outside one of the FBOs at my home base who was monitoring a student on first solo. The student porpoised the landing and folded the nosegear on the third bounce. As the plane slid to a stop with the nose tire in flames the student climbed out and literally ran across the field to his car in which he then fled away. I got a lineman to drive me out to the plane with a big extinguisher and put out the fire (nothing else burned although the fuel, mags and master were still on). The CFI hung around for the inevitable FAA interview but AFaIK his (former) student never came back. I'm pretty sure the student wasn't going home to feed his dogs.

More likely he went home to change his pants. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is funny. Not to thread jack, but last year I was watching a solo student (not my student, I'm not a CFI) do touch and goes. On his second landing he bounced it into a porpoise that ended with a prop strike. He then did a go around! The plane made it around the pattern for another landing. The guy then taxied to the ramp, shut down and drove off in his truck. Didn't even tie the plane down. Well I called the owner of the plane and even sent him a picture of the prop strike. Glad I had my camera.
210096A2004.jpg

Geez.... what are the chances you snapped the shutter at the same millisecond the prop threw up runway dust ????? You are the MAN !!!!!:yesnod:

All luck on the picture, used a digital POS, no shutter control.

I have to wonder if the Bonanza pilot really had dogs in the car. I wouldn't leave mine for any length time if I was going flying. This smells fishy to me.

Back