BNSF

A huge company. It is the second biggest user of diesel in America, after the US Navy.

So it’s almost like asking if anybody has any experience or contacts with the Navy. Loads of people will.

A good friend of mine just retired a couple weeks ago from BNSF. My old boss uses their services everyday transporting OCTG from the mills and ports. So what do you want to know? :dunno:

I knew they were big but not THAT big. If I had to narrow it down, Technology Services? Still pretty big I'm sure.

BNSF, along with competitor Union Pacific, are the biggest freight railroads. That was an utterly miserable industry 30+ years ago, with labor union strife, bloated payroll, no awareness of technology, and overall inept management. The industry is different now, much better run, and that is reflected in the takeover of BNSF by Berkshire Hathaway ten years ago. Berkshire would never acquire a company unless it is a leader and really well run.

Does your friend want to work for them ? My contact in the company is 89, retired sometime in the 80s. Maybe not the most current source ;-)

BNSF, along with competitor Union Pacific, are the biggest freight railroads. That was an utterly miserable industry 30+ years ago, with labor union strife, bloated payroll, no awareness of technology, and overall inept management. The industry is different now, much better run, and that is reflected in the takeover of BNSF by Berkshire Hathaway ten years ago. Berkshire would never acquire a company unless it is a leader and really well run.

Thanks for the PIREP!

Does your friend want to work for them ? My contact in the company is 89, retired sometime in the 80s. Maybe not the most current source ;-)

They might. And probably not the most current source but you never know!

Can’t speak specifically to BNSF, but if they are anything like Norfolk and Southern, it’s probably a great place to work. I haven’t seen a company take care of its employees anywhere close to the level of a well run railroad.

Back