Bluetooth with 2 Bose headsets?

SkySpy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry
I would like my passenger to get the music I hear... is there any way that 2 headsets can Bluetooth from one iPad? Any other solutions? Both are Bluetooth enabled. Thanks !

Yup. Your iPad should support 2 connections no prob. Apple says keep it under 4 for smooth operation. The iPad pro supports up to 7 BT connections at once. What iPad are you running?

iPad mini 2...I thought they couldn’t connect to 2 headsets? So,,thanks. I will try it out.

I can connect Bluetooth with both headphones but when both are connected only the first one will hear the music..... any solutions ???

You can't connect the same device to 2 headsets. Each headset has to be paired to a different music source.

Yup. Your iPad should support 2 connections no prob. Apple says keep it under 4 for smooth operation. The iPad pro supports up to 7 BT connections at once. What iPad are you running?

It will store more than 1 device but will only play music on 1 headset at a time.

I can connect Bluetooth with both headphones but when both are connected only the first one will hear the music..... any solutions ???
I know of a potential solution to stream music to two or more positions in the aircraft... but it isn't cheap.

I know of a potential solution to stream music to two or more positions in the aircraft... but it isn't cheap.
I came up with an OK solution.... I have the same Spotify Playlist on my iPad mini and my phone, so.... if I press start on both at the same time, each will stream to a different headset,,, the iPad to mine of course to get Foreflight advisories which the pax doesn't need,,,, only requires perhaps 2 charging wires from the lighter to keep batteries at 100%... applause ?? BTW the music doesn't pause when comms are received or tx, so both playlists will be just about the same beat throughout... I think the pax should still get all ground comms as we both are still plugged into the planes system, but for sure mine will mute the music. with my Bose 20,, don't know about the pax with a Bose X and Bluetooth adapter...

if I press start on both at the same time, each will stream to a different headset
That works too. And is very low/no cost.

My solution was a current generation audio panel such as the ones from PS Engineering and Garmin.

Thanks for that info.... good to know !!
In the C182 I fly often, we have the PS Engineering PMA450. This unit allows for us to have up the 3 music inputs (1xBT, 2xWired headphone jack) and it's possible to switch which position is hearing which input.

So if no one else wants to listen to my "Best of Doctor Demento" playlist, but do want to listen to their "Michael Bolton does Metallica" playlist, it is possible for that to happen. And not interfere with normal intercom or ATC communication.

http://www.ps-engineering.com/

In the C182 I fly often, we have the PS Engineering PMA450. This unit allows for us to have up the 3 music inputs (1xBT, 2xWired headphone jack) and it's possible to switch which position is hearing which input.

So if no one else wants to listen to my "Best of Doctor Demento" playlist, but do want to listen to their "Michael Bolton does Metallica" playlist, it is possible for that to happen. And not interfere with normal intercom or ATC communication.

http://www.ps-engineering.com/
That is actually terrific !! The idea... not the playlists !! Listening to real music,,, not just ADF stations, is a good experience while flying.. a learning curve and getting used to it curve...

Back