bluetooth performance

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
just got a set of Bose Quiet Comfort 35ii headsets to utilize while commuting to work and around the house.

zero issues streaming music from my phone.

cannot stream from my computer however. (stutters, skips, lags)

no bluetooth issues with computer > sony headset

perused all the settings on computer though I'm not totally sure what I'm looking at. tried all the things that Bose said to do, including sending my headset in for a different set. all drivers up to date, etc, etc

Computer specs -
ASUS ROG GL753VE-DS74 17.3" Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7700HQ (2.80 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 16 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

Not sure where to go from here other than return headsets for a refund which I don't want to do because they are great for commuting...

thanks for any ideas

I presume you have bluetooth built into the computer? If so I am sure it is a compatibility issue. You can try getting a USB bluetooth adapter and see if this works. Like most things computer related, not all are created equal.

PC Bluetooth is an issue for those and probably most headphones. I use bose Bluetooth headphones with my PC, a surface book 2, and it works well, but sometimes the initial connection is a *****. I go to the settings Bluetooth menu, and make sure the pc is discoverable, then hit the Bluetooth switch on the headphones, usually they will find each other and work well. Make sure all your drivers and windows is up to date.

Ya'lls input gave me some more ideas on what to be googling.

Seems as though Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator is the roadblock in all this.

Ordered a USB BT dongle, we'll see how that goes I guess.

Oh forgot to say, I do the above after a reboot, been pretty reliable for months now (watch this jinx it).

On the off chance that someone else buys these headsets (great for commuting and can double duty as pilot headset with Uflymike or other microphones...) the Bluetooth dongle allowed them work with the computer.

Must be something with the built in Intel bluetooth chip or something.

Last edited:
Back