Bluetooth Connections?

Dennis M Carleton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
DMC
I just had my panel upgraded with a G3X Touch and a GNC 355. I also have an older non-waas 430. I'm confused as to whether to connect my mobile device to the G3X or the 355 (or both???) using bluetooth? What setup will maximize my capabilities for flight plan transfer, and control of transponder, audio panel, etc.

Also, can I connect both an ipad and an iphone to the audio panel (GMA 345)? Will my iphone stream music via Bluetooth to the audio panel?

I'm sure this is very straightforward, but I'm a little confused right now.

Looks like a lot of videos online transfer flight plans to the G3X and then push to the navigator, instead of transferring to the navigator and then pushing to the G3X. What are you guys doing?

Looks like a lot of videos online transfer flight plans to the G3X and then push to the navigator, instead of transferring to the navigator and then pushing to the G3X. What are you guys doing?

First, distinguish between certified and experimental models.

The Nav is designed to control navigation functions (makes sense?), so the general advice is use the navigator for navigation functions (flight plans, load procedures, etc). The G3X doesn’t support all the GTNs can do so it’s best to let the navigator do what it’s supposed to do.

iPhone to the 345 to listen to music or make phone calls works via Bluetooth for me.

Enjoy

Also, can I connect both an ipad and an iphone to the audio panel (GMA 345)? Will my iphone stream music via Bluetooth to the audio panel?
Oops. Forgot to reply in a timely manner. Looks like the flight plan question was answered. As to the audio, the GMA345 has only one BT transceiver so only one iPad/iPhone can connect to it at a time. The PS-Engineering PMA450b has 2 BT transceivers so both iPad/iPhone can connect at the same time.

iPhone to the 345 to listen to music or make phone calls works via Bluetooth for me.
Took me a minute to figure out that you're talking about the GMA345 and not the GTX345:)

Back