Bluetooth adapter for plane

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
Question - is anyone aware of a bluetooth adapter for an airplane?

I'm looking at getting a new bluetooth ANR headset for my cell phone because lately I've been spending a lot of time on it for work. It seems like it shouldn't be a difficult leap to get a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the plane.

I know there are aviation headsets that have these, but I've been seeing prices up to 1 AMU and I'd rather spend $200-300 and fly for another 7 hour. There is also a bluetooth audio panel that looks interesting, but I can't go put that in all 13 airplanes that the club owns...

I'd love a dongle like device that just links a bluetooth receiver to the standard audio jacks. I'll have to figure out how not to leave it behind and to keep it powered, but I think that can be managed.

Thoughts?

I'm looking at getting a new bluetooth ANR headset for my cell phone because lately I've been spending a lot of time on it for work. It seems like it shouldn't be a difficult leap to get a bluetooth adapter that plugs into the plane.

I know there are aviation headsets that have these, but I've been seeing prices up to 1 AMU and I'd rather spend $200-300 and fly for another 7 hour. There is also a bluetooth audio panel that looks interesting, but I can't go put that in all 13 airplanes that the club owns...

I'd love a dongle like device that just links a bluetooth receiver to the standard audio jacks. I'll have to figure out how not to leave it behind and to keep it powered, but I think that can be managed.

Thoughts?
This might help:

http://amzn.to/1mv5Shm

Ryan

Sportys has something for $25 , it was in their recent catalog but have not looked inline for it yet

Says its for bose but I might try it out on mine non Bose headset that has a aux-in port

Last edited:
Overpriced for what it is

Thoughts?

I've been considering the BluLink adapter. It's $260, but seems to provide all of the functionality I'd want/need out of it.

http://www.pilotblulink.com/

http://pilot-usa.com/blulink/blulink-ga-adapter.html

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm trying to figure out if I plug it into my headset if my passengers would also be able to hear the music or if I'd be the only one.

Yep, BluLink is the way to go. Not even the Bose will do all the stuff the BluLink will. We carry that great item by Pilot USA, and they let us sell it a little cheaper too. :)
Here's our link for you guys: http://www.thesquawkshoppe.com/products/aviation-headset-blulink-bluetooth-adapter

Let me know if you need the Free Shipping code for PoA members.

Last edited:
Yep, BluLink is the way to go. Not even the Bose will do all the stuff the BluLink will. We carry that great item by Pilot USA, and they let us sell it a little cheaper too. :)
Here's our link for you guys: http://www.thesquawkshoppe.com/products/aviation-headset-blulink-bluetooth-adapter

Let me know if you need the Free Shipping code for PoA members.

Shane, have you used the BluLink before? I'm wondering if I hook it up to my headset, if the others on the 4 place intercom will hear the music or if it'll just play in my ears.

The BluLink looks cool, but it looks like you'd have quite a few wires when you're done!

Shane, have you used the BluLink before? I'm wondering if I hook it up to my headset, if the others on the 4 place intercom will hear the music or if it'll just play in my ears.

I have used it. Not if your intercom is built in, you'd have to have a Bluetooth intercom to transmit music to all positions. Having said that, if you have a portable intercom, you could hook the BluLink up between the portable intercom and the panel, because technically you're turning 1 place into 2-4 and the audio would stream through.

The BluLink looks cool, but it looks like you'd have quite a few wires when you're done!

It looks that way, but it's really just an extension of your existing cable. Rather than think of all those cables, think of it this way. Your headset plugs into the BluLink then out of it into the panel. You're just converting your tips to the 6pin in and out.

Shane
The Squawk Shoppe
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If your intercom has a music input (most do) you could connect the output of the BT receiver there and it would go to all headphones.

Back