"Blue Sky Recovery"?

AirBaker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
AirBaker
While listening to Lemoore approach today flying home, a few navy pilots were doing practice approaches. The controller would vector them in then clear them for a "Blue Sky Recovery." Anyone know what this is?

I know when they talk about "recovering planes" it's just their fancy way of saying "landing." The Blue Sky Recovery, my guess is, is either a specific approach procedure or their way of saying "Cleared for the Visual."

Never heard Blue Sky Recovery before, but it sounds like a "do your own thing" deal. Similar to a Case I recovery.

MooneyDude says he has no idea - probably a local approach pattern - and if anyone would know about esoteric Naval aviator phrases, it would be Commander MooneyDude, XO of his very own carrier fighter squadron! :)

MooneyDude says he has no idea - probably a local approach pattern - and if anyone would know about esoteric Naval aviator phrases, it would be Commander MooneyDude, XO of his very own carrier fighter squadron! :)

Well, if he could knock off his CO, then it WOULD be his very own carrier fighter squadron. :p

Well, if he could knock off his CO, then it WOULD be his very own carrier fighter squadron. :p

He doesn't need to, he's already slotted for it next year.... He'll make Admiral before he retires.

Back