Blue Ridge, NC

EvilEagle

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
EvilEagle
Anyone ever flown into Blue Ridge? My family is going there for a vacation and I'd like to meet up with them, but can only go for a day or so and flying in is the quickest way for that. Airnav lists a phone number, but I don't know if I can just call the guy up or what. Runway looks like a cool place to go land!

Thanks

I've never heard of Blue Ridge NC but there is a Blue Ridge VA(KMTV) close to the border. It is a very nice airport, easy to get in and out of and has a nice resturaunt in the terminal and gas prices tend to be the best in the area.. They can get alot of NASCAR traffic on race days.

Barb

57GA - listed as private but it's a cabin rental sort of place. Thought they might let people land there that are renting...

57GA - listed as private but it's a cabin rental sort of place. Thought they might let people land there that are renting...

There's the confusion, the airport is in Georgia. I have landed in numerous places in NC but few in GA. Unfortunately I have not landed at this field.

FTR, I have landed at a couple private fields and a phone call to the manager was pleasant and resulted in permission to land. If you need contact info I suggest Airnav.

I got his info from AirNav, just wondering if anyone else had info.

Blue Ridge is a garden variety small town airport in a wide valley between two ridges at the southern edge of the Smokys. Nice quiet little strip. anything in particular u were looking for?

... Russ

Blue Ridge is a garden variety small town airport in a wide valley between two ridges at the southern edge of the Smokys. Nice quiet little strip. anything in particular u were looking for?

... Russ
I was looking for info on landing there. My family is renting a cabin for about a week and my wife and I are going to fly up to visit. I figured landing at Blue Ridge would be fun for me and less driving for them to pick us up. I got the contact info from airnav, just wondering if I should call the manager or if anyone else had info on landing permission, tiedowns, etc.

Thanks

Back