Blue mountain Avionics

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Any one know if their equipment is supported any more?

I need a wire skit.

It is not supported. The company closed sometime around 2007 or so.
What is a wire skit? schematic perhaps? I think I have one for a 3rd gen lite plus model I once owned.

Not supported. No parts, no databases. IMO, probably not worth the effort to reinstall...

Got both early and later gen BM in my aircraft. No support so once they fail for good, I'm going Dynon. I'd also caution against IFR on BM. Used to do it myself but the AHRS just isn't certified quality. I'm VFR from here on out.

Not supported. No parts, no databases. IMO, probably not worth the effort to reinstall...
This is kinda what I'm thinking, this one is tango uniform. wiring is really a mess.

It is not supported. The company closed sometime around 2007 or so.
What is a wire skit? schematic perhaps? I think I have one for a 3rd gen lite plus model I once owned.
Thanks, but I think after a little research this is a lost cause.

I agree it is better to use one of the current generation products, or at least a product from one of the surviving manufacturers be it Dynon, GRT, MGL, Garmin, etc.

I had my old Blue Mountain roll inverted in IMC right after takeoff not even 100 AGL. I would not install one today even if it were working perfectly, free, and for a VFR only ship.

Actually met a couple of the BM's former employees at the airport one day. Said Greg was brilliant but he didn't listen to his employees about issues with the software. Customers had problems, got a BM a bad rep out of it that they couldn't recover from. BM went bankrupt and Dynon was free and clear to dominate the EAB market.

Actually met a couple of the BM's former employees at the airport one day. Said Greg was brilliant but he didn't listen to his employees about issues with the software. Customers had problems, got a BM a bad rep out of it that they couldn't recover from. BM went bankrupt and Dynon was free and clear to dominate the EAB market.

Greg was a member of my EAA chapter back in the mid to late '90's. Before he officially started BM, he developed much of the software on his PC and would go flying with various chapter members to test his software. He had a lot of very advanced features on his "aviation" PC. He is/was a very smart guy. I don't know what drove BM's problems, but I always thought they (Greg?) never fully debugged anything before moving on to develop the next product. Ultimately, BM products had an incredible feature set with poor reliability and support.

tom, go dynon and don't look back. their stuff is top notch and there customer support is even better.

bob

Back