Blue is Better Than Red

That whole argument has been going on for a while. Why do people feel the need to post and continue the tirades, even if it is to tell everyone to stop posting? If people would not pay any attention to the dude, he would disappear. Much more civil and on topic over here. Oops, I promised myself I wouldn't get involved with this topic.:rolleyes:

I am so tired of the whole thing. It's been like this for the two and a half years I've been involved, and probably longer. Internet immediacy has brought out a whole crop of people with psychological ills that were expressed differently before....

Toby said:
I am so tired of the whole thing. It's been like this for the two and a half years I've been involved, and probably longer. Internet immediacy has brought out a whole crop of people with psychological ills that were expressed differently before....

Very well put Toby. This medium requires a little bit of self disciplince if you are an individual that has "issues".

Regarding the Red Board. Typically, if you stay out of "Soapbox" it is fine. I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Anthony said:
Very well put Toby. This medium requires a little bit of self disciplince if you are an individual that has "issues".

Regarding the Red Board. Typically, if you stay out of "Soapbox" it is fine. I'm not ready to give up on it yet.
Except now it has spread to the software support and never again forums. What a train wreck.

Ken Ibold said:
Except now it has spread to the software support and never again forums. What a train wreck.

Well that dude is abusing the forums. He needs to be permanently banned.

I finally just gave up on red: too much hate and discontent. This is the place to be.

Dan

Civility and tact are traits that demonstrate social grace and acceptance; unfortunately, for some Darwins' theory of evolution has allowed little evolvement from the primate in this area.

Dave

I still pop in over there to scan the messages. I read a few here and there, but haven't posted in quite some time. I have enough stress in my life without getting wrapped up over there...or playing golf! Altho, a friend told me golf is not stressful if you never keep score - he may have something there!

gkainz said:
a friend told me golf is not stressful if you never keep score - he may have something there!

Golf won't be at all stressful for me until April. That's when the snow melts, the courses start to open, and the game starts working its evil magic again...:no: :yes: :rofl:

Dan

To bring the message here back within the rules though...

Without comment on the red place (red equating with heat, right:D ?)

I love this board! Despite significant political differences, conversation is civil here, and aviation related.

I look forward to seeing a bunch of you at LNS in January. This place just has a great group. Glad it was started.

Jim G

grattonja said:
Thank you. :)

The administrative struggles with some disruptive elements of the internet plaguing our neighbors are a real problem and I wish their management the best in dealing with them.

That forum still provides an extremely valuable function for new pilots - and it would be a terrible shame if it were shut down because of the current rash of behavior issues of a very few.

Anthony said:

DITTO and DITTO to Ken Ibolds comment as well. Now could we please just try and Get Bruce Back?

Greebo said:
Thank you. :)

The administrative struggles with some disruptive elements of the internet plaguing our neighbors are a real problem and I wish their management the best in dealing with them.

That forum still provides an extremely valuable function for new pilots - and it would be a terrible shame if it were shut down because of the current rash of behavior issues of a very few.

Chuck,
I just hope he does not figure out about this board.

gkainz said:
Altho, a friend told me golf is not stressful if you never keep score - he may have something there!
Golf is low stress when you are keeping score IF you bring the right club with you (an ERASER WEDGE)

smigaldi said:
Chuck,
I just hope he does not figure out about this board.
Just remember that everyone starts here with a clean slate. We don't do baggage transfers between airlines here.

That said, if we ever DO have a seriously disruptive influence show up here, well...its been a long time since I've had a really CHALLENGING ban evader test my skills. Part of me looks forward to it. :rofl:

Did I ever tell you folks about the guy I tracked down at work and reported to his CIO for abuse of company property? ;)

grattonja said:
Rules? Did I overstep some rule I wasn't aware of? :eek:

Greebo said:
Did I ever tell you folks about the guy I tracked down at work and reported to his CIO for abuse of company property? ;)
Not that I recall... do tell!
I worked at a "sensitive" place and the security guys were just a hoot! When they detected a network intrusion, they would bust into the IT Director's office as excited as a springer spaniel on opening morning of pheasant season...

"I got one! I got one! He's on-line RIGHT NOW! Can I kill him? Please? Please? Please? C'mon! Let me kill him! I can smoke his system in 30 seconds!!!! Please? Please? Please?"

The Director would have to calm him down and tell him "Sorry, no you can't. Just send him the standard warning and boot him out. You MAY NOT ATTACK HIS SYSTEM! Got it?" Poor guys - frustrated and no place to vent! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
gkainz said:
I worked at a "sensitive" place and the security guys were just a hoot! When they detected a network intrusion, they would bust into the IT Director's office as excited as a springer spaniel on opening morning of pheasant season...

"I got one! I got one! He's on-line RIGHT NOW! Can I kill him? Please? Please? Please? C'mon! Let me kill him! I can smoke his system in 30 seconds!!!! Please? Please? Please?"

The Director would have to calm him down and tell him "Sorry, no you can't. Just send him the standard warning and boot him out. You MAY NOT ATTACK HIS SYSTEM! Got it?" Poor guys - frustrated and no place to vent! :rolleyes:

I transitioned a team from one of our clients to my company over the summer, which included their (small) security engineering team. Both are ex-.mil's (one was Pentagon of some sort, doesn't talk about it at all) and very low key types. However, when they find someone attempting an intrusion, catch an intruder, or even find someone probing, it's like Easter and someone left chocolate all over the office - they sprint around like sugar-rushed little 5 year olds who can't wait to stuff their faces. It's actually pretty funny.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Not per se greg - we have a standing request not to get into a "competitive" mode with other aviation forums. Its not a hard and fast rule, its simply a general courtesy consideration we ask people to make.

Ok, so the story is that I was running one of three very popular fan-forums for a major online game, and so banning decisions ultimately fell to me for this site.

Someone tried the usual routes to get around the ban and then, frustrated, tried to sign me up for about 20 different spam mail lists. (Illegal harassment) Most of them were kind enough to email me for confirmation and more than one included the IP address of the originating request.

A little file searching later, I had the Company Headquarters name and was on the line with the CIO (reporting that a companys sytems are being used for illegal activity gets their attention). A little work on HIS side and he knew who it was that was visiting our site.

He didn't get fired, but he did get called on the carpet. I was later told that his reaction at getting caught was VERY shocked indeed. ;)

Satisfaction levels abounded that day. :)

Greebo said:
Just remember that everyone starts here with a clean slate. We don't do baggage transfers between airlines here.
understood. My main concern is that he has bragged that he has been kicked off of several boards and enjoys being the board trouble maker. This is your board, your rules. I have no porblem with that or your decisions.

BTW I did just get an attempt by a suspected problem user to become a member of a board that I run. That board however, has a very high threshold of prrof one has to supply before they get on it. Vic does not have the creditials to make it through the security and validation check.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
smigaldi said:
BTW I did just get an attempt by a suspected problem user to become a member of a board that I run.
How do you know its problem user doing the trolling over there?

You're right Ken, train wreck is a good description.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys - lets keep names out of it please.

Anthony said:
How do you know its _____ doing the trolling over there?

You're right Ken, train wreck is a good description.
He has been searching the Internet for stuff about me and has posted some of it on the red board. Since I post under my real name and it is a rare name, it is not hard to find things I run or have published. He tried to gain admittance to a message board for scuba instruction that I run using his email address.

Last edited:
Greebo said:
Indeed! Nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done - especially when it includes a little well-deserved payback. :p

Chuck,

If somebody gets banned at another site, and causes trouble at additional sites, I think you can remove the word "suspected" from "suspected problem user".

Greebo said:
Not per se greg - we have a standing request not to get into a "competitive" mode with other aviation forums. Its not a hard and fast rule, its simply a general courtesy consideration we ask people to make.

Ok, so the story is that I was running one of three very popular fan-forums for a major online game, and so banning decisions ultimately fell to me for this site.

Someone tried the usual routes to get around the ban and then, frustrated, tried to sign me up for about 20 different spam mail lists. (Illegal harassment) Most of them were kind enough to email me for confirmation and more than one included the IP address of the originating request.

A little file searching later, I had the Company Headquarters name and was on the line with the CIO (reporting that a companys sytems are being used for illegal activity gets their attention). A little work on HIS side and he knew who it was that was visiting our site.

He didn't get fired, but he did get called on the carpet. I was later told that his reaction at getting caught was VERY shocked indeed. ;)

Outstanding, I like that outcome but wish it could have been worse for him.

I do like it here. I feel safe to share flying stories here from my old notes and logs. Plus I learn a tremendous amount here from new pilots who share their adventures.

I thank the POA staff and all the folks who have been so encouraging. I do hope Dr. B will come back someday.

From this older pilot who is on a new journey Thank you

John

Greebo said:

Greebo,

Thanks for the sanctuary you've provided here. Greatly appreciated.

James Dean

mmilano said:

No kidding huh....? Wow, took 12 hrs (which included 8 sleeping) to decide it really wasn't worth going there. The thread invasion rate was rediculous. Oh well, sigh... . Which brings me to another question, why is Dr. Bruce there and not here? What happenned? IIRC he was one of the founding members of this board was he not? Could someone enlighten me on what I missed while I was in Europe? Are they paying him to be there (personally I think he would earn it)?

Thanks y'all for keeping this board a tolerable place.

Back