Blue Hangar Breakfast @ 52F (Roanoke, TX) - Saturday 11/9, 7:30am

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
Several of us are meeting for breakfast and airplane watching 7:30 am this Saturday November 9th at 52F's Blue Hangar Cafe.

Anybody's welcome to join... chime in here if you think you'll make it! Spouses and kids are welcome.

I will do my best to be there.

Don't forget an invite on the DFW board.

A reason to get to the airport early, can't pass that up.
Are you sitting inside or outside with the BMW group?

A reason to get to the airport early, can't pass that up.
Are you sitting inside or outside with the BMW group?

Once we're done eating, I want to go see your new-to-you RV10.

Once we're done eating, I want to go see your new-to-you RV10.

Always enjoy showing off the RV, perfect timing I just finished all new interior, including painting the inside cabin.

I will be there. With wife and kids.

Troy, did you send your invite to Robert D?

That was fun! Seven people showed up. Tim, your hangar wins the man cave award, hands down. Bryan and Eren, pleasure to meet you both! Mike and Brian, good to see you, too. Denton, represent! We need to do something like this once/month. But not the 1st Saturday, right Tim? PLANO!

That was fun! Seven people showed up. Tim, your hangar wins the man cave award, hands down. Bryan and Eren, pleasure to meet you both! Mike and Brian, good to see you, too. Denton, represent! We need to do something like this once/month. But not the 1st Saturday, right Tim? PLANO!

Yea C&C baby..:) Although through the winter months It might start getting to cold to walk around a parking lot at 7 am so pick any weekend and I will be there. It was good meeting everybody today and your always welcome to stop by any time.

Hi Guys,
Sounds like a good time.
If you are looking for another place to fly to breakfast or Lunch you may want to consider Skyline Cafe at Tyler. I have nothing to do with the Cafe but it is great food. They are in the old terminal building which has an aviation museum in it too. There are a bunch of old war birds out in front of the terminal.

Scott, that DOES sound good. Found their menu and some pictures online. We were also discussing Sulphur Springs. We'll have to plan some fly-out breakfasts, with the Blue Hangar as the "fall back" plan if weather says "no-go".

I'd be up for a breakfast or lunch run, Troy does Marcair allow soft field?
Cedar mills sure is a good Breakfast destination.

I've been to KTYR and Skyline Cafe. Nice airport and good diner.

It would be a good fly-out destination.

Last edited:
I'd be up for a breakfast or lunch run, Troy does Marcair allow soft field?
Cedar mills sure is a good Breakfast destination.

Not according to their renter rules... But with a checkout by them and a vocal approval on the destination (confirmed by the fact they issued you dispatch papers to that destination), they will allow it.

I've flown their rented 172s twice to Gaston's with their knowledge and I know Mike has flown into grass strips with one of their CFIs as part of a dual session.

Not according to their renter rules... But with a checkout by them and a vocal approval on the destination (confirmed by the fact they issued you dispatch papers to that destination), they will allow it.

I've flown their rented 172s twice to Gaston's with their knowledge and I know Mike has flown into grass strips with one of their CFIs as part of a dual session.

Correct. We went out to Rhome Meadows (T76) and did my first real grass landings. Real fun.

I need to make up a shirt with grass stains on it and take it to GB to sign. Sorta like my shirt tail when I solo'd.

Troy, if the plan is Cedar Mills and Marc says no, we'll just go in 55WB and you can kibbitz on the way there and back.

Any interest in this Saturday?

Anyone flying today post up here, I'm looking for somewhere to go, should have my interior back together mid morning.

Anyone flying today post up here, I'm looking for somewhere to go, should have my interior back together mid morning.

I flew 4.2 hours yesterday (52F-KBWD-KADS-52F), 3.4 on an Angel Flight mission and then 0.8 with a friend visiting from India (sunset flight over Lake Lewisville). Where did you end up going? Those westerly winds... oy! 272@35 at 4500'. Makes a 172 go slow!

I wound up killing a ton of bugs over Lake Texoma, flew up to Cedar Mills looking for planes, only one parked and one departing. Flew back and spent 1/2 an hour cleaning bugs off my plane. Still a great day to fly.

You were in your hangar when Samrat and I left (about 4:55) for the sunset tour, Tim, but you were gone and closed up shop by the time we got back (5:45). We were going to stop by and say hello if you were still there.

I flew 4.2 hours yesterday (52F-KBWD-KADS-52F), 3.4 on an Angel Flight mission and then 0.8 with a friend visiting from India (sunset flight over Lake Lewisville). Where did you end up going? Those westerly winds... oy! 272@35 at 4500'. Makes a 172 go slow!

Reminder that if you need someone for the right seat on these, call me.

Reminder that if you need someone for the right seat on these, call me.

Thanks Mike. Usually weight constrained in a 172 with my big butt, a parent and child or adult and spouse, and a C172 with 35-45 gallons. I was 100 under gross on this trip.

Thanks Mike. Usually weight constrained in a 172 with my big butt, a parent and child or adult and spouse, and a C172 with 35-45 gallons. I was 100 under gross on this trip.

Then where could we find a white and maroon C182 for the mission?? :lol:

We might have another opening coming up soon... :temptation_smiley:

Troy, a member is selling out of the Grumman Cheetah. Not sure is you have any interest in a club but this one is set up well and only has 4 members.

Troy, a member is selling out of the Grumman Cheetah. Not sure is you have any interest in a club but this one is set up well and only has 4 members.

Thanks Tim, but that's not the plane I want to end up in. Hope to be purchasing within 12-18 months.

Back