Blue board facebookery

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
Well I've done an rb and pb facebookery thread, so it's time for a blue board facebookery thread! (I'm a friend whore)

No link? Fail. Do you even know how many david whites are on FB?

Good ol' facebook.com/denverpilot -- y'all do know you can sign up for a username URL, right? :)

I can only tolerate about 5 minutes a day of Facebook.

Just like PoA and other web based forum interfaces, using Tapatalk -- mobile interfaces are cleaner and get the job done quicker. Minimalist, even.

Either the official FB App or the Friendly App on an iDevice, and you won't have your time wasted by all the other stuff (ads, games, etc.) and a more difficult/cluttered UI. There's others too.

I cross post between Twitter and FB using Seesmic on iPhone. Their desktop app isn't TOO bad either.

Tweetdeck has 'em all beat UI-wise, for cross-site use, but it never seems to get stable enough that it doesn't crash every few minutes. Too bad, really.

Hootsuite isn't bad either, but it's too cutesy for me.

Sorry, David... I'm not comfortable telling someone as sketchy as you how to find me on facebook. ;)

Ah, Prodigy. My first foray into online stuff. 1200 baud modem, manual dial (ATDT7146600034)

Remember Bix?

Heck, I remember using bang notation giving my email address relative to well known servers like ucbvax! 110(?) and 300 baud modems that you place the handset into! And I know there are others here that go back further!

My account is an alias with only a few friends. All except my kids and grandkids are on ignore. I simply don't want to know that much.

My account is an alias with only a few friends. All except my kids and grandkids are on ignore. I simply don't want to know that much.

I cooked a wonderful Pot Roast last night, Jill and I enjoyed it and we have leftovers for tomorrow.

wine-pot-roast-5.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Do you ship the pot roast?

I cooked a wonderful Pot Roast last night, Jill and I enjoyed it and we have leftovers for tomorrow.

wine-pot-roast-5.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Don't wanna sound like I have food envy, but...

Remember Bix?

Heck, I remember using bang notation giving my email address relative to well known servers like ucbvax! 110(?) and 300 baud modems that you place the handset into! And I know there are others here that go back further!

Never got much time on Bix, but remember it.

Had another blast from the past today... this article...

http://www.thecocolounge.com/editorial.htm

References people's Delphi accounts. Delphi... wow...

I remember reading this article in the magazine when it came out, too... and finding a "dead" hard drive at a swapfest that some guy sold me for "scrap" because the boot sector was bad...

Little did he know. PC-DOS cared about where the boot code was located on the drive, but Microware OS/9 didn't... I got a hard drive on a beer budget that day! Had to save up to buy the darn controller, though...

Never got much time on Bix, but remember it.

Had another blast from the past today... this article...

http://www.thecocolounge.com/editorial.htm

References people's Delphi accounts. Delphi... wow...

I remember reading this article in the magazine when it came out, too... and finding a "dead" hard drive at a swapfest that some guy sold me for "scrap" because the boot sector was bad...

Little did he know. PC-DOS cared about where the boot code was located on the drive, but Microware OS/9 didn't... I got a hard drive on a beer budget that day! Had to save up to buy the darn controller, though...

Wow its amazing to see how technology has changed. Wonder where we'll be in 30 years.

Back