Blue Angels to hold open trials

Had I known this was coming I would have watched Top Gun a few more times this month, loaded up MS FS-X and gotten some practice and then headed to P-Cola!!

I wanna attend "Bring my daughter to war day" and I don't even have a daughter. :D

Just keep saying, "Morrrrrrrrrrrreeee powwwwwwwwerrrrrrrrr....."

This was the best part of the story, I think:

angels_clip_redo.jpg

Blue Angels open try-outs

http://tinyurl.com/5j27j7 Blue Angels Hold First-Ever Open Tryouts

87 Dead, 243 Injured in Day 1 of Weeklong Event

November 25, 2008 | Issue 44•48
PENSACOLA, FL—Harold Enderby's friends say that when he first saw the Navy's televised announcement that the Flight Demonstration Squadron, better known as the Blue Angels, would be holding open tryouts for the first time in its history, the lifelong aviation buff turned to his fellow sanitation workers at Doug's Dugout Bar-N-Grill and said, "Mark my words—I'm going to be a Blue Angel if it's the last thing I do."

Best,

Dave

:rofl:

Funny story!

The Onion said:
The enthusiasm of Erin Rappaport, a Springfield, IL eighth-grader who played flight simulators on her PlayStation and impressed Naval flight teams when she sat in the F/A-18 Hornet's cockpit for the first time and already knew, or could guess,† the functions of many of the jet's 188 different controls.

Sounds like me. Back in high school days I put a ridiculous amount of hours on my "F/A-18 Korea" flight sim game. I even remember declaring one week my "no computer week" because all I was doing was playing this game instead of getting my homework done.

This game has so many commands that every key on the keyboard is used, I think, and if you press shift or control, they do something different. The game was trying to promote itself as a realistic fighter simulator and had a learning curve.

I just remembered I have the Mac OS X version now. Might have to hook up the joystick tomorrow. :)

My first sim was F15 Strikefighter by Microprose. This started a nasty habit of acquiring (and playing 'til early hours) as many flight sims as I could afford. I worked PT for a software retailer and continued my acquisitions, filling my library with about all that were available.
Not so much now. If I want to fly, I do it for real. Not quite the bank, yank, fire, and forget, but a whole lot more fun. (That is, except for the full motion sims at the Smithzonian Air and Space Museum at Dullus.)

Back