Blue Angels @ GJT late September

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Well, I just got an email from a Colorado Pilots member:
"We were thinking about flying up to KGJT for the upcoming air show. I called West Star about parking. I was told there will be no GA parking available. So, I called airport ops. No help there. Maybe someone from the CPA could make a call?"

As it turns out, Colorado Pilots has been planning a flyin to GJT for many months just for this event. I've got a call into the the CPA organizers as well as the show producers asking for more information.

Other than the ongoing "discussions" between the GJT airport and the GA community, anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Because GJT management is beyond retarded?

Note this is the airport that kicked everyone off the field for their piece of the "free-money if you fortify your airport to look like SuperMax with free gub'mint money from TSA handed out to your fence-building buddies in town." action.

We are going but we always planned to drive. Only because it's the Blues.

Otherwise, GJT and anything on that airport that allowed that asshattery to happen, wouldn't ever see another dime from my pocket.

Yeah, the businesses aren't directly at fault, but pain rolls downhill. When it hurts enough, they'll dismiss the idiots who caused the pain and didn't have their best interests at heart.

Wow, I was actually planning on flying out from Georgia for this one. Never been to Colorado and it was going to be the only air show I can hit this year. Oh well. :(

Wow, I was actually planning on flying out from Georgia for this one. Never been to Colorado and it was going to be the only air show I can hit this year. Oh well. :(

Don't cancel your plans yet. The info is second hand - still waiting for the official word from the show organizers and the flying organizers. Probably not until after the 3 day weekend. I'd look for more details middile of next week.

There are some smaller and much friendlier airports nearby, but then there's the ground transportation issue. But that's much easier to deal with. Lots of the locals will be driving in, you can very likely get a ride with one.

Take a look at Mack City c07. Short runway but doable depends on your airplane and you. Or Montrose MTJ.

Last edited:
The Colorado Pilots Association has cancelled its scheduled flyin to Grand Junction (KGJT) due to the flyin coordinators being out of state on business.

Back