Blue Angels 360 Video

I think I messed my pants. There are tight formations and then there is this. I was waiting to #2 and #3 to literally touch tips.

I prefer the normal view over this new 360 stuff. Two and Three's wing tips!

http://youtu.be/_uy1jJWwnCc

If you get the higher quality 360 videos and have an internet connection that can handle them, the 360 are pretty cool in their own way. Yeah, you can't edit them for cool shots like you can with a fixed perspective; I can't imagine them doing a Hornet Ball video in 360 because you could very well miss most of the cool shots.

But for something like this where you can see what the pilot sees and get an idea of all the things they're keeping track of it's pretty cool imo.

The 360 view is a distorted video which I cannot 'turn my head' using mouse on my laptop.
On an idevice however, wow! You can rotate any angle and see behind and beside you by moving the device around.

The 360 view is a distorted video which I cannot 'turn my head' using mouse on my laptop.
On an idevice however, wow! You can rotate any angle and see behind and beside you by moving the device around.

I think the 360 view only works on Chrome (and maybe Firefox) on a desktop.

Back