Blue Angel #5

At the beginning of the clip there's an object that appears to go up and fall down as the plane goes by. It doesn't appear to be from the plane itself. Anyone know what it is?

At the beginning of the clip there's an object that appears to go up and fall down as the plane goes by. It doesn't appear to be from the plane itself. Anyone know what it is?

It looks like a seagull or some other kind of bird.

Could you imagine being asleep on one of those boats...talk about a serious alarm clock!

Alarm Clock...Heck I might have thought the world was coming to an end!! Here in Chattanooga I routinely hear explosive booms from a near by rock quarry that shake the building. I can't even imagine what is would be like from 100 feet!!:hairraise:

I love fleet week! And to think they weren't going to let the Blues back this year.

It looks like a seagull or some other kind of bird.

I believe that's right. If you grab the video and watch it frame by frame you can see the gull appear between the camera and the building on the left, the the gull makes a fast left turn when the big, fast blue HornetBird shows up from left to right.

:D

Is he supersonic in that pass? It looks like it. I wonder what type of waiver they have to get if they do that.

Everytime I've seen them, they just flirt with the edge of being supersonic. With the local government wanting them gone, I'd be surprised if they did that.

Although would be very cool. :)

No, he was right on the edge. I've seen them do those high-speed passes during another BA show that I've seen, as well as during an F/A-18 demo flight at another air show. They get so close that the vapor cone keeps forming and dissipating around the plane.

They can also be on the edge without the vapor cone. If the air is dry enough there will not be a vapor cone. Where was that video taken?

Back