Blood Sugar control

Ultrabuzzard

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ultrabuzzard
I think I might have just discovered my blood sugar control "Holy Grail"! I started on Januvia on Wednesday, adding it to the Acto plus Met, and in two days my fasting sugar readings have gone from 189 to 126(this morning at 6:30am). At 12:30, after two meals, my sugar reading is 120!!

WOW!!

:thumbsup:

good, glad you are keeping an eye on that. my grandpa didn't. i bet he wishes he had, now.

Excellent! Don't forget to get the HbA1c just to get that three month "average"

*type 1 diabetic here

Good for you! Is the new medicine OK with the FAA (hope so). I expect based on family history that someday in my 60s or so I may have to take oral meds for type II diabetes, and it's really been encouraging to see the strides that medicine has taken in combating the disease, AND the "we want you to fly" attitude the FAA has taken over the last decade.

Good for you! Is the new medicine OK with the FAA (hope so). I expect based on family history that someday in my 60s or so I may have to take oral meds for type II diabetes, and it's really been encouraging to see the strides that medicine has taken in combating the disease, AND the "we want you to fly" attitude the FAA has taken over the last decade.

Yep, Januvia is on the FAAs good list

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back